Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bass idea for Stambaugh Design

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Prague77, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Hello!

I am thinking of having Chris build me a bass. His work looks top notch, and his prices seem very good. Right now my main bass is a Dave Pushic custom(yah i know) with spalted maple top and mahogany rear, 1 jazz SD bassline pickup and 1 SD MM stylepup, Aguilar OBP-2 pre(which was so badly wired I had to re-solder it myself.) This bass just isnt cutting it for me anymore. The bass is kinda hallow sounding and the playability of the bass itself isnt so great at all. So it is now time to dish out some cash(not too much, around 2.5k) for a great sounding bass with awsome playability and craftsmanship. I think Chris is the man for the job.

I'm trying to go for a bass with a nice growl.

4 String Bolt-On
    34' Scale
    24 Frets
    Thick Gloss Urethane Finish
    Chris' standard double cutaway body
    Buckeye Burl Top With Matching Headstock (I know the wood is unresonate but I like the look too much : P)
    Swamp Ash Rear (any better suggestions?)
    Birdseye Maple Fretboard
    Maple Neck? (im still not sure on this, anyone have better suggestion?)
    2 Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz Pickups
    Aguilar OBP-3 Pre-Amp
    Volume Knob
    Blend Knob
    Bass Control Knob
    Mid Control Knob
    Treble Control Knob
    Hipshot Bridge
    1 Hipshot Drop D Tuner
    Neutrik Locking Input Jack
    Dunlop Straplock System

2. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Wow, for the price range your thinking of you have several options. :eyebrow: Chris' work looks very good and from what I hear sounds very good too. Have you looked into other builders as well? I would say that you should "audition" several builders and see which one will give you what you want construction/tone-wise at a price point that you feel comfortable with.

Best of luck and keep us all updated.

Shawn

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Have you seen Poons stammy? Delicious :)