My bass is cracked!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DerHoggz, Aug 19, 2009.

1. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    My bass fell onto its face on concrete. Lots of messed up stuff, however the only thing I'm not sure that can be fixed is a crack through the control cavity. So I was hoping someone could give me information.

No pics because photobucket sucks.

2. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I had a volume knob get smashed into a control cavity. I went down to my local metal shop, gave them the body of my bass and had them cut a piece of 1/8" steal to line the entire upper part of the cavity and cut the holes to match. I epoxied the piece in and did a bit of refinishing. It turned out just fine.

3. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Everything can be fixed. The questions are what level of repair do you want and whether or not is cost effective to do so.

In lieu of pictures, a detailed description would go a long way to getting good advice. It may also get you some instruction on how to go about the repair.

Post it here and someone will help.

4. miguel2u

miguel2u

Mar 6, 2007
    Your ISP may give you a bit of webspace. Find out how to access it and post the pics there

5. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Took it to the shop, gonna cost around $100 and I'll get it on Monday.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021