Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my bass just got here....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Rickenbacker 4003 just got here!!!! Finally. it got here 10 min ago. it plays like a drrreeeeeaaaaaammmmmm. i'll take some snaps later. wow i love this thing. its Jetglo. yay. my first nice bass.

2. Welcome to the RIC owners club! I also have a JetGlo 4003 (born last week of April 2002), easy to play and hard to put down. Have fun!

3. rumplebunny

rumplebunny Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood! ('92 Midnight Blue 4003 here.)

I play other basses from time to time, and sometimes they take the spotlight away (I can't get enough of my Carvin fretless right now) but my heart invariably always returns to my trusty old Ricky. (I think I need to hunt down a fretless Rickenbacker!)

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yay. hey, can you guys help me get the bridge cover on? i tried earlier, and got scared, it was hard to get the screw back in... (i took one side out) and i had to like wedge my finger in there and it was a pain, and i got scared. is there an easier way???

5. rumplebunny

rumplebunny Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
  6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    do i have to take off the strings to do this?

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    ooh its PIC OF THE RIC time! yayyy, finally got myself upstairs to grab the camera...
    [​IMG]

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    another
    [​IMG]

9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    a couple more...

[​IMG]

10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    blargh! sorry about all the fingerprints over it, i've been playin it like mad!

[​IMG]

11. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    ok last one i promise!

[​IMG]

12. that is a very nice bass :D

Im jealous :meh: :meh:

13. If I heard the tone I bet I would have an orgasim :) Nice bass. Now for me to save money for once ....

14. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    how much did that thing cost

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Did you get it new?

16. ok, ya got the pix, but d'ya got tha' clips??

she's a stunner! i'd love to pick up a rick.. :)

17. Aw, it's just like mine :)

18. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    hey thanks alot guys. i don't really have anyway to get some recorded clips, but i might have a way. it is used, it was made in 2001. it was $800 and it came with the RIC hardshell case, and the seller paid for 2nd day shipping, so i believe it was a pretty good deal. this thing sounds amazing through my ampeg/hartke rig, but i played it through my friends SM-500/Goliath III setup and it did the Ric no justice. sounded lifeless and souless through the SWR, but its a crazy animal through my rig.

Peace,
    Scott

19. enjoy the Ric.those things are friggin' awesome.

20. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    hey, i see that yours was made in april of 2001... MINE TOO! same color, same month. we win!