Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bass on the Radio!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stompfrog, Jun 15, 2005.

1. My bands demo was played on an unsigned feature on BBC radio 1 last night. :hyper: I couldnt believe it. My bass line and the rest of my band (but most importantly my bass line :D - a cheapy warwick rockbass through a warwick quad VI stack if I recall correctly?) being broadcast across the UK airwaves and the whole world on web streaming to potentially thousands of people. I was so excitied that I jumped out of bed and ran into my guitarists bedroom (we all live together) but I forgot to get dressed first. I think he was rather excitied but I'm not sure by what; the news or the nudity??:eek:

For more info you can go here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/huw/unsigned.shtml or check the link in my signature.

Has anyone else ever heard their band somewhere that they were not expecting before?? if so... please share.... or are you signed already? what was it like when you first started hearing your band all over the place?

My own dream is to hear someone (who I don't know) driving past in thier car with my band blasting out of their stereo. Probably will never happen but when it does I will be sure to let you all know, lol :(

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well that (or the opposite of it) happened with a TB member - I think it was Munji?
    He was listening to his band's cover of a song, and then somebody came over and said "Hey, that's my bassline!" :D

It was some time ago, though. I'm lazy to search for it, but it was funny - and the same thing as what you said

Anyway, that's great new, congrats!

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Congrats man! You sleep naked?! What a freak! :p

That would be hilarious to be in Munji's situation!

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU