1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My bass related tattoo....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lamonica78, Aug 31, 2008.

1. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    So, I am going to get a tattoo within the next few days. I was going to do something with a bass clef and was looking for some cool designs, but nothing really struck me. While googling images, I came across a really cool tat that the singer Robbie Williams has. It's a music staff with the notation to the chorus of All You Need is Love http://i27.tinypic.com/359lq8l.jpg (EDIT: FOR THE RECORD.....I like the concept of the tattoo...not the placement! I am NOT going to get it on my lower back!!!!)

So I started thinking about what song inspired me to play the bass and it happens to be Led Zep's How Many More Times. So, I have decided that I am going to get the intro/main bass notation tattooed on a music staff that will wrap around my upper arm. What do you guys think?

2. For a second I thought you were going to tattoo 'How Many More Times' on your lower back.

3. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    i was actually thinking of getting a very similar thing done....different song, that inspired me, either around my upper arm, or across my upper back and shoulder blades.

4. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    HAHAHAHA! Not a chance!!! I loved the concept of his tat, just not the placement!

I was thinking of doing that too....except I'm Italian and my back is WAAAAYYYY too hairy. Too much maintenance required for something like that, haha

5. If it's definatly the lower back area you could try "Bad Moon Risin":D

6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    LOL

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Tramp stamps on dude's just doesn't work as far as I'm concerned.

8. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Agreed...and I must reiterate that I am NOT getting it on my lower back. Simply was inspired by the concept (and have now edited my original post, haha)

9. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    I knew a guy in college who had the first few bars of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" done on his arm where most people do barbwire or tribal stuff. It wasn't bad. But wow, that guy's huge tramp stamp/muffin top combo is pretty awful. Nothing wrong with loving the beatles and wanting to show it, but that's an epic fail, imo. At least the music is right!

10. My friend has 'Für Elise' wrapped around her arm (not straight across) done by my co-worker.

1-5.

2-5.

3-1.

It fades as it gets closer to her wrist.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I could get behind a notation tattoo for sure. I gotta LOL at the man tramp stamp though, that's great.

12. Hahah! Super small! I believe she lives in Burnaby too.

13. Jotaro

Jotaro

Sep 14, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    LOL
    priceless!

14. stupid. Don't defile yourself for a song that you'll have so many others that will take it's place in the future. Sort of like putting "Stella" on your arm and marrying "Sherry".....''

Need a tat? Do a motorcycle!

15. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but you're missing the point. It's not a "oh, this is my favorite song at the moment" thing. It's THE song that inspired me to actually pick up the bass and learn how to play. That fact is not going to change.....it's not going to be like 10 years from now I'm going to decide that a different song inspired me to learn the bass. Yes, I'll always be inspired by new songs, but that's not going to change the fact that this particular song is what made me pick up bass in the first place. It's something that has a lot of meaning to me.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I love the Für Elise tattoo, very awesome.

also, LOL at "Bad Moon Rising".:p

17. That Fur Elise tat is ******!!!! I love it!

18. Sorry. I guess I did miss it. THAT I can understand. I guess you just had to spell it out for me. I can be a bit slow at times...:help:

Go for it!;)

19. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Haha, no problem. I figured when you were talking about songs changing that you had missed the meaning behind it :)