My Bass Solo! :D

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cloud9mission, Apr 4, 2003.

1. cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    This solo is a tribute to all those that have inspired me including Jaco Pastorius, Mark King, Victor Wooten & Stuart Hamm. Let me know what you think to this:

Download in mp3

Listen in realaudio

God bless

2. sounds really good, man. the fast slap part is nice; you don't get sloppy or anything like I do. and the solo has a little bit of everything, good transitions, etc. thumbs up, my man.:bassist: <--this is you, like, 4 minutes into the solo.:D
  3. ps
    this thread would be better suited in the "recordings" forum. oh, and of course...
    Welcome to TB!!!
  4. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Great work. I can't wait to hear it on some good speakers since my headphones are acting up.

Keep it up.
  5. cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanx guys :D

:bassist: this is the coolest smiley ever
  6. Thanks for reminding me how much I suck. :D Very nice playing, well-rounded, nice to know you're more than just a one trick pony. ;)
  7. Fleckbass211

Mar 20, 2003
    My Room
    is Mark King the original writer for that slap bass?
  8. cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    its not really, its original & was just a spure of the moment live thing. Did I mention this is a live recording :).

But I do see what you mean ;)
  9. cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    You may notice loadsa Jaco in there too, I kinda wanted it to be a tribute to all those greats like jaco that have inspired me to do what I do :)
  10. Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    Very cool yet tasteful solo. Very nice work. So many of todays solos are just random tapping and slapping without any respect for an actual chord progression. This is not the case with your solo. Kudos!
  11. *hums to self*

Dah dah da duuuumm....diddly do...

Neato man :D
  12. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Good stuff. Keep it up!
  13. far out man! good work

i enjoyed listening to that, it had melody and taste, not just random percussion. i bet the general public would think it is a guitar (at first anyway)!

so lets say that i wanted to come up with something like that in the far future...what would you recommend me doing?

btw what chords are you using at the start?

just like listening to great bassists?

iv never got sounds anything like that outa my bass!
  14. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    very cool stuff! I dig it...

15. Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    What causes that glitch at 4:19?
  16. Fleckbass211

Mar 20, 2003
    My Room
    not starting anything, but your slap bass is the exact thing as Mark King live at the Jazz Cafe.

I got it from kazaa
  17. what kinda bass, I NEED A PICTURE ^_^ nice solo

- w00t
  18. cloud9mission

Apr 4, 2003
    Yeah I got the same thing. As I said before theres a few hints of things you may have heard before like mark king & jaco as a tribute to those who inspired me :)