My bass strap lock ready?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6-3-2, Jun 6, 2004.

1. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Well I ordered my bass used, and it has these odd endpins, very square. Well I was looking around for strap locks, and it seems every strap lock kit, already comes with the endpins I have. If my bass has the same endpins as shown in the lower right hand corner of this picture, am I strap lock ready?
  2. It should be...As long as the button is the same.

All new Ric's are like that as well...they come with end pins installed...all you have to do is supply the locking part.
  3. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Sweet, I was afraid I would have to remove the endpins to install straplocks, and I'm constantly afraid of messing up my bass since it's first bass I've gotten that's over $1,000.
  4. Well even if you have to replace the buttons and the hole gets stripped....its an easy fix with epoxy and toothpicks. Ive done it myself.

But if you say the buttons are the same i dont see why the locks wont fit.

5. Word.

You don't even need to use epoxy, I have used elmer's glue everytime I patched a hole. And they have all been very solid.
  6. marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    Those are Schaller strap-locks, which are standard on American Fenders and surely some other brands.

There are two Dunlops straplocks types as well, though the Dunlop "dual-design" have a noticably different end-pins than the Schallers. Not sure about the original Dunlops...

Just get Schaller, not Dunlop, straplocks and you should be fine.