Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY BASS VIDS

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BABY J, Jul 9, 2004.

1. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Aiight losers... need a critique... no need to be easy on me, I'ma big boy I can take it... :) Here are a few vids--->

www.seriouscustoms.com/music

2. I didn't watch them all, but damn man you've got some chops.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Cool clips. Good chops balanced with a strong sense of groove. Nothing overtly wanky sounding, at least from what I watched.

Keep up the good work.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Those are great. You've really got a groove going throughout those clips (Something which I end up having trouble with).

5. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Heyyyyy that loop groove sounds familiar... :smug:

Hey man, you are A O-K in my book.

Wait... what the hell? Are you black or white?

6. wow...that was amazing!
    i especially like that first one!

Charlie

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Some very cool stuff there-you've got some really groovy fills as well. But the important question-is your birthday really Feb. 13th, 1979?

8. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Welcome to TB, man. Great stuff! Very musical--not wanky. Post more. :cool: :bassist:

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome to TalkBass :bassist:

.... I'm moving this over to recordings

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Really? Well we have something in common. We both play bass and we both were born on Feb. 13th. However, I was born in 1959! The vids are hot. You definitely have some skills! Do you play in a band? I'd like to hear you in a band situation. It's also obvious that you have a great ear. Not easy to pick up and play that Marcus Miller 'Panther' intro. I was expecting to hear the harmonics though! Just kidding! Good job!

11. Hey, for a young guy you've got some really nice stuff happening there, and you're a groovy little mutha that's for sue, are you in any bands? If not - you should be.

One technical tip for the end vamp bit of 'Norwegian Wood' - Vic taps the first bit with his right hand on the double stop - but instead of reaching over like you do to fret the low E on the 12th fret, he uses his left middle finger then hammers up from D - E - while doing one of his strums with the right hand for that 'click' effect - check out his Bass day DVD and you'll see what I mean - but fair play dude you've got some great stuff happening - give it a few more years and you should be a little monster - good work - and I like you're attitude - keep it laid back and you'll make no end of musical friends.

Cool stuff dude.

Mike

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

In addition, I'm digging that Boss Looper machine. I may have to get one of those.

13. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    ...all set.. in.. the.. chops.. area

14. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds good!

you should try plugging your bass into your external mic, instead of using whatever mic you were using, it'll greatly improve the sound quality.

16. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    After seeing those vids, i have come to the conclusion that i no longer should atempt to play the bass...

Very nice work there.

17. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Hey urb_munki, I have tried to decipher what vic does during the vamp on Norweigian Wood... I have Bass Day 98... I can't figure it out mechanically though. :) But I'll try your technique. :) Thanks for all of the props too guys. By the way I have plenty of space to upload everyone's vids if you guys want to maek any. Also YES my bday is 13 Feb 1979. I have been playing bass for 5 years, but I am originally a drummer though. I am in Columbia, SC and am not playing in a band--> I am moving to Panama City area soon though... maybe I can get busy there. I am ALREADY in love with this forum... don't know what too me so long to find it though. :) And he WRONG_ROBOT, school me on using an external mic instead of the computer microphone... if it will enhance the sound that would be great b/c I am teaching a few peeps via the net so I need to be able to get the best sound possible. This site ROCKS!!

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

:eek: 5 years only? :eek:

I hate you!! :rollno: Well, I was pretty good after 5 years but nowhere near what you have going on! Mad props! Hmmm...20 years difference in age! Did you happen to be born on a Friday like I was?? Friday the 13th!! :eek:

Keep up the good work!