My bass was stolen, need help one new one

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RJSBASS, Jun 22, 2005.

RJSBASS Guest

Jun 22, 2005
    New York
    i'm in high school and my warwick corvette proline got stolen from the school. i checked everywhere from local shops to ebay to newspapers and nothing turned up. so i'm starting to browse around for a new one (sadly). nothing over 1600, but does anyone have any good suggestions other than fender jazz/precision?
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Welcome, and sorry for your loss. :(

People around here will generally keep an eye out for stolen stuff, but you need to do a few things...

First off, fill in your user profile. It helps everyone see who their dealing your case it will tell everyone what area you're in so they know to keep an eye out. Also, it helps everyone when they have to make gear suggestions to know what your rig is like etc.

Second...there's a whole forum area for posting stolen gear details. You should start a thread there.

On the bass front, if you like what you had, why not another?

RJSBASS Guest

Jun 22, 2005
    New York
    i liked my guitar, but it was my fretted warwick, i have a fretless warwick and i'm looking for a cheaper fretted bass guitar that i can use for slap and stuff...
  4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I suggest yuo a Fender Jazz Bass American Deluxe,you choose 4 or 5,oh excuseme is a Jazz but you know,they are good basses :D

5. hmmm... that would rule out the post above me.
  6. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    There's a nice used Streamer Pro M listed on

IMO it's the best sounding bass Warwick ever designed. They're not really my bag, but I demoed one years ago and to say the least, it left a lasting impression. These things just about kill any Precision or Music Man tone and they do the J-Bass thing really nice too. Very versatile. ;)
  7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    go ahead and post in the lost or stolen section of TB.
  8. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    With $1600 you have a lot of options.
  9. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    What sort of sounds are you looking for/music do you play?