1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cregore, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Cregore

Cregore

Nov 8, 2004
    Gibsons, BC, CA
    I can't seem to find any info on my bass anywhere(Ibanez' site doesn't have any info on it, and I bought it second hand at a pawn shop back in October so I didn't get the manual for it.), except that it was made in 1997(I think).

It's an Ibanez TR75 5 string Electric.

All I know about it what you can glean from looking at it, it's got a smaller neck than a standard 5 string(The neck is the same size as a standard 4 string).

Everyone keeps telling me it's a good bass, but I think they're basing that mostly off of looks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They're solid basses. I've played a couple, and they're nothing to shake your fist at. I personally preferred the Soundgears during those years, but I have played a show with a TR70 (4 string version) and liked it very much.

I couldn't vouch for your date estimate, but it doesn't really matter does it? ;)

3. Cregore

Cregore

Nov 8, 2004
    Gibsons, BC, CA
    The date doesn't matter, but I want to find out exactly what the knobs do.

I know one is tone, and the other two seem to each control the volume of a pickup.(ie: knob 1: pickup closest to the fretboard, Knob 2: 2nd pickup, Knob 3: Tone)

Thanks for replying by the way, I had already assumed this thread was doomed to the abyss of unanswered forum threads.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That sounds right. I seem to remember the TR-70 having the V/V/T (volume/volume/tone) control layout like a jazz bass.