Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cregore, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Cregore

Cregore

Nov 8, 2004
    Gibsons, BC, CA
    I can't seem to find any info on my bass anywhere(Ibanez' site doesn't have any info on it, and I bought it second hand at a pawn shop back in October so I didn't get the manual for it.), except that it was made in 1997(I think).

It's an Ibanez TR75 5 string Electric.

All I know about it what you can glean from looking at it, it's got a smaller neck than a standard 5 string(The neck is the same size as a standard 4 string).

Everyone keeps telling me it's a good bass, but I think they're basing that mostly off of looks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They're solid basses. I've played a couple, and they're nothing to shake your fist at. I personally preferred the Soundgears during those years, but I have played a show with a TR70 (4 string version) and liked it very much.

I couldn't vouch for your date estimate, but it doesn't really matter does it? ;)

3. Cregore

Cregore

Nov 8, 2004
    Gibsons, BC, CA
    The date doesn't matter, but I want to find out exactly what the knobs do.

I know one is tone, and the other two seem to each control the volume of a pickup.(ie: knob 1: pickup closest to the fretboard, Knob 2: 2nd pickup, Knob 3: Tone)

Thanks for replying by the way, I had already assumed this thread was doomed to the abyss of unanswered forum threads.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That sounds right. I seem to remember the TR-70 having the V/V/T (volume/volume/tone) control layout like a jazz bass.