1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Basses - A Full New Line Up

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J. Crawford, Oct 2, 2009.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Well, as some of you know, I have gone through my whole roster of basses, and practically started completely over. I went from 3 basses that I enjoyed, to 3 basses that I love. I mean, I am in total happiness as of now.

My original 3some was:
    1.Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
    2.Peavey Grind BXP 4
    3.SX/Warmoth P bass

Within the last month, everything has changed. I no longer own any of those basses, well, my dad "owns" the SX but I just gave it to him.

My current line goes:1
    1. '05 Fender MIA Precision
    2. Brubaker Brute MJX-4
    3. Squier VM Precision

I couldnt be any happier. I dont get to do this too often, but I see people posting their entire lineup in a thread, and I thought after being here this long, with the amount of posts I have, I deserve my own thread!

Okay, on to pictures!

First, a few family photos!

IMG_2967.

IMG_2970.

Now, my #1 bass.
    Fender MIA Precision
    3 ply mint on Inca Silver
    Chromes
    Full ashtrays

DSC07383.

DSC07390.

I love this bass! Its the perfect P, IMO. Im not sure about the whole S-1 system, but Ill figure something out.

Next up is my Squier. Im sure a lot of you have seen it, as I have posted it a lot, but here it be!

Squier VM Precision
    Tort on White
    (will have full trays, but theyre on the MIA! Im broke as of now!)

IMG00019-20090911-2242.

And lastly, my bass I just got today. This is also my NBD thread, but I thought I would just make em one.

Its a Brubaker Brute MJX-4 I got from Ashtray here on TB. I just received it today. Incredible bass! I loved the looks, but I HAVE to have a pickup cover now (I feel naked without one now!), and the inlays are a project of me and my dad. We designed a logo, of sorts, for me. Its the letter J combined with a bass clef. We just finished them. I hope people realize who is on the 12th fret. :D

Brubaker Brute MJX-4
    Stock Strings (I would buy em in a heartbeat!)
    A bit of father/son custom mods

IMG_2953.

IMG_2955.

IMG_2957.

IMG_2959.

I apologize for the long thread, I hope its not breaking any rules or anything. I have been waiting to post a full line up thread for a very, very long time, and I finally feel comfortable enough to do it! Im open to all, and every comment or compliment!

Thanks to everyone I have dealt with, and everyone who has helped me! Youre the reason I hang around TB.

J.

2. bassman1987

bassman1987

Dec 1, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Very nice collection there, sir, very nice indeed!!

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    The first thing i noticed were the "inlays" on the Brubaker, that is an awesome touch. This thread makes me have such gas i need new basses.

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Thanks guys!

And yes, the inlays are a work of art, and time.. Took about 2 hours to perfect. I love the Buffalo Man on the 12th..

And my personal logo, too! My dad did that for me.

5. Nice, is that the new FALL collection ?
    My wife says White is out after Labor Day, So I guess you will have to wait till spring to use these. I presume you will be in the market for a proper DARK colored bass for use in the Fall, and Winter Months. I've seen your pictures, I know you would not be caught dead violating fashion etiquette.

just kidding,
    nice basses

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Ouch, bringing up the guyliner.. :D

7. NAH, I'm just saying...

Have you ever noticed all of your basses are white, and kind of look alike ?

Yeah I know they are different as night and day, but at a gig, or to a non musician, they look the same.

I speak from experience here. When I was your age all of my gear was black. Then when I got older, I decided when I got some new stuff, I tried to make it " and now for something Completely DIFFERENT."
    But yeah bro. nice stuff. congrats.

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    My parents think they all look alike too. I love em though.

Thanks for the compliments!

9. I really love the '05 Precision! It looks fantastic!

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I mean, its not a coral pink Sadowsky, but it is pretty good looking! :D

Thanks Markus!

11. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    Wow...nice stuff. While I don't follow your posts daily, I do remember that you were pretty fond of your Geddy. I can't believe you parted with it.

Was it an amicable split?

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Yep, that Geddy got me my MIA P. Straight trade. I couldnt be happier. Do I miss it sometimes? Yeah. Am I happy I made the move, and went with the trade? Definitely.

13. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I love P's with maple boards. There is an Allparts P; nitro black with a maple board/white 3 ply PG floating around CL here. If it's till around in a month or so it may find its way in my stable next to my lonely 'Wick.

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I couldnt think of a better brother to your Wick than a P. Snag it James!

15. I'm glad you are a P man now, they really are superior, lol :p :bag:

Very nice collection, the inlays on the Brubaker, esp, the buffalo man.

How do you find the P necks now? I imagine it would be a contrast to the Geddy neck.

And once again, well done.

Luke.

16. Wait...

So someone actually likes Jamiroquai?

I thought they were only just a well-executed novelty band.

You can put me on that list as well.

17. I like Jamiroquai
    Stu Zender had some pretty nice grooves there

18. Congrats on all the new basses Jordan. Yes, they all look alike, but that just means you know what you like. :)

19. Must....thwart.....brubaker.....GAS.....

Super awesome collection, man.

20. What about post-Zender Jamiroquai?