1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by biohazed, Aug 1, 2012.

1. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    seeming that I have popped back into this forum ( had alot of issues over the last few years) I thought I'd show off the collection.

IMG_0187.

OK the intros clockwise from left to right :)

Tokai Jazz .. In the process of redoing this one ...
    Schecter Damian IV .... I love this bass ... lol
    BC Rich Warlock Platinum Series
    Unknown Bass.. If anyone can ID this would be awesome, All I know is it was built in Japan, has all Gotoh hardware and has SGC P/Us
    Another unknown, think it may be a unmarked Ibanez Ergodyne but cannot match it to any model

2. Oooh!!! A Tune bass. Is it a Tune bass, or, IS IT A "R-E-A-L" (early production) TUNE BASS? No offense if it's not. Some of the later one look great. I once had a Tune Bass Maniac (White w/black h/ware) back in '88.

3. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    deviated prevert
    Agreed, that looks like a Tune. Some nice stuff ya got there...

wraub

4. Also, I think mine had either the word(s) "Tune or Bass Maniac" above the f/board on the upper (E String side), if I'm correct. Great bass. I miss it. But, what else is new? How many friggin' people do you see typing, "I miss that bass. I shouldn't have sold it." That folks, is EXACTLY why I don't sell my ****. Well, besides bein' a tight-ass.

5. The Japan-made ones ARE the better basses. BY FAR!!! You sir, may have a bass on your hands that's worth a decent amount of DeNiro (Meaning "cheese, cabbage, currency, cash, and moolah.

**NOTE**: It's also called "money".

6. Also, I had 2 tiny,teeny-tiny mods done to my Maniac Fret(less)ed. Not to brag/boast, but this really deserves a drum roll.... Frets were installed on my fretless. Now, normally this is nothing special when it comes to these mods, but I think the f/less Maniacs (circa 80's) had 36(!!!) fret(s) on the extended f/board also. Similar to the ZON HYPER BASS, which is total f+@#!ng overkill with the overall concept of that, uhhh thing, IMHO. And, I'm talkin' Charles Manson overkill, son! :D

The 2nd mod was 2 DiMarzio Jazz pups installed, maybe 3/4"-1" from the bridge base (Think Warwick Thumb Bass, w/out the pups angled).
    And yes. Before anyone asks, I wish I NEVEREVEREVER sold it. Just like EVERYBODY else says on here concerning a bass they once sold.

EXAMPLE:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Tune_fretless_Bass.JPG

7. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I could be wrong but that headstock doesn't look quite like a Tune.

Tune+Proto+Head.

8. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I like your couch :)

9. Draculea

Draculea

Oct 2, 2011
    Mexico City
    The body shape of the last one looks a lot like some Harley Bentons, AXLs, Douglas and Strinbergs I have seen. I happen to own a Strinberg CLB 26A (a hell of a bass by the way, but not a well known brand yet) and the body shape is almost identical, just a little broader due to the fact that mine is a sixer, but four string CLBs are narrower. Even the headstock is similar, specially on Strinbergs, which happens to be maybe an inch or two wider. My guess is that any of those four companies could have built your bass, and I suspect that it might be the same company that gives the brand a different name, deƩnding on the country of destination. Just my 2 cents, I've done a little bit of research on this, but haven't found completely satisfying answers so far.

10. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    What about that doesn't look like a Tune?

Looks exactly like a 4 string Tune to me.

11. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    The tuners are laid out differently. The Tune headstock also looks pointier

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    That is not a Tune. That is a "Bass Collection" series (SGC / Nanyo Co.). If I recall correctly, a model 301. The extended neck heel and angled fretboard termination...dead giveaway.

13. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    My bad, I was looking at the pic you posted and assuming it was of the OP's bass on IPhone one pics opens up all pics to where you can just skim through every pic in that page.

After closer examination it's pretty obvious they are not of the same bass.

14. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I just looked them up and I will have to agree with you, would explain the SGC picks p/u's. Either way is is a nice bass , just need to re-solder the battery connections up.

as for the Ergodyne clone I guess.. still cannot ID it but I like the look of the Ergodynes but they usually smell like gasoline so this is a awesome bass for me IMO just going to do some upgrades to it (P/U's Bridge etc) and make it perfect.

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yes, the necks definitely gave soundgears a run for the money. I had one a while ago...really great player, but mine I felt lacked a little low-end depth.

16. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    No biggie, Dude. It's all good

17. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    There's just something about a family photo on a couch. I blame talkbass for a good chunk of this

Attached Files: