Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My BassMan 200 is crapping out!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CamMcIntyre, Oct 23, 2002.

1. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Sorry for all of the exclamations but tonight at practice my amp started to die or something-i was playing it i checked all the knobs, inputs, wires, etc. but it'd say it has signal [the light would come on] but no sound would come out. I went to the local fender dealer-they don't service, i called mars they don't service [where i got it], got a number for a place that does but they're not taking calls before 1 due to large number of work orders. Marching Band State Comp. is this saturday. got any ideas?

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Ok-now i feel stupid but i figured it out. I play off of a battery goin to a DC to AC converter & that was dieing. [it's our podium]. THe amp is working fine while it's been @ my house. I know that is usually one of the things to check first but i spaced it. I'll leave this thread up for a little bit longer & probably will delete this tomorrow unless if it starts to act up. Thats all