My beautiful righty is not a twin of this ugly lefty.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Remyd, May 4, 2018.

1. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    I ran into a Fender issue the other day and wondered if I should send the following to FMIC, or approach some other way? Bought everything used, so nothing much to do but complain.

-=-=-

I received a Tim Armstrong Hellcat (Righty) as a gift a couple years ago. SN is CSC11004538. It's beautiful - brown with great figures in the body. It sounds great and I've loved it since the day I bought it.

Recently, I bought my wife a used Lefty version of the same. SN is 311725352. It's not beautiful. It has a reddish finish, limited figuring, and looks like a cheap knockoff of my original. The cable from the pre-amp has detached twice in the first 24 hours, and both acoustic and electric output is much lower than the RH version.

The side-by-side difference visual difference is stunning. I'm not even sure if it's the same species of wood - it's certainly not the same finish. They are NOT the same guitar, and I'm very, very disappointed.

This was a 10th anniversary gift. I was embarrassed and upset when she opened the box.

The serial numbers are non-standard and none of the normal resources have anything close to the pattern. Can you help me understand what is going on? Did something change drastically in production?

-=-=-

What do you guys think?

rh-body.jpg lh-body.jpg

rh-head.jpg rh-neck.jpg lh-head.jpg lh-neck.jpg

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Fake?

3. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Maybe. Why would someone fake a $400 guitar?

4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Suspended Supporting Member

For the same reason people counterfeit one dollar bills. They think it's easier than working, and because they can. And, a certain country way, way to the west of us does a thriving business making low $$ instruments with high $$ names on the headstock...:meh:

5. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    Now you have to get your righty converted to a lefty and give it to her to show her you love her.

6. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    This model has a preamp and jackplate, or I would’ve done that already. :)

7. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    us leftys are always getting the shaft.