My Beautiful Stingray bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bonafide, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    After weeks of searching Ebay, Dealers, Asking friends, asking here at TB etc, I finally scored my Stingray.
    A beautiful rare color Transparent White or Blonde. (The pictures don't do it justice of course.) 93' and better than new. This bass had never been played, just sat in it's case. Not a single scratch, dent or mark. String mutes like new and the cool metal plate for the battery as opposed to the new plastic ones.
    Ash, Rosewood with a lightning fast neck.
    Needless to say I am really stoked. I thought I would post acouple of pictures to share my joy.
  2. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
  3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Bonafied, thats a pretty bass! Im sure it looks much much more pretty in real life. Hope u have loads of fun with it!
  4. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Yes she is lovely.. Those metal Battery Covers can be a pain after awhile.. but congrats.. Nice finish also
  6. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Actually the reason I prefer the metal cover is because it won't break. If it ever was lost I could replace it easily or make a new one.
  7. Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    That's sweet!! -so where did you score her?
  8. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    wayne voice: on

wayne voice: off

garth voice: on

rightous my friend! Party on!

garth voice: off

thats enough of the voice on voice off stuff for now. :D
  9. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Through my friend Kevin Beller, chief engineer for Seymour Duncan.
    Kevin is the guy responsible for MANY pickup designs in high end and boutique basses. Lakeland-Warwick-NY Bass Works-FBass-Sadowsky-Roscoe-Fodera-Zon-Conklin (And others I can't think of).
    He has had this bass litterally just sitting in the case. Bought for R&D but never got around to using it.
  10. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    is that ever beautiful! makes me drool! (i also kinda like the plastic battery casing for split second battery changing, but really, one shouldnt need to change their battery on a spur of the moment. dead battery on stage type situation anyways)..

one of prettiest stingrays i have ever layed my eyes on :)

i want a blonde stingray now.. i don't like my natural one anymore! (just kiddin.. i cant believe i just said that!)... i always did like blondes though ;)

congrats and enjoy, she's definately a keeper (email me if she isnt!)
  11. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    SHAWEEET! (That's sweet plus shaaawing)!
  12. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Bonafide, that's a gorgeous Ray. Congrats !

Sure you'll love it for a looooooong time !
  13. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    OMG!! Thats the nicest one I've seen in the older models in a long time...that trans white is beautiful! How does she play?

14. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Thank you Tommy, that's a nice thing to say.
    I was on my way down to Los Angeles to pick up my new Stingray that was being held for me at a music store and I stopped in at Seymour Duncan to pick up some NAMM badges. I started flapping with Kevin and he showed me that bass. I offered him cash on the spot.(I paid too much but the bass was literally new)
    The action was way too low for me, seems like many Rays are setup that low. The neck is really thin and plays fast (Almost makes my Jazz bass seem like a P neck). I adjusted the rod, put on a new set of DR's,set the action higher, set the intonation and haven't put her down since.
    I absolutley love the growl.
    I thought my Jazz bass could growl, damn!
    Anyway I am glad to have this bass in my Arsenal of tones.
  15. pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    thats one sweet bass..i just got a sunburst sr ..i put a clear pickguard on it and it looks sweet..i think it would look cool on your bass loving that growl as well..congrats!!!!
  16. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Great looking Ray. I'll assume that it sounds @ least as good as it looks. Seems like more threads then usual have been going on that involve rays. thats all
  17. Sweet! That's one of the nicest Rays I've seen, and dont be put off by comments about the battery cover. You'll only need to change the battery once or twice a year, as Rays are pretty easy on batteries. I also prefer the metal cover.
  18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I love ash/blonde, and have never seen a Ray in that color before. Very nice catch!
  19. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Very cool, looks sweet!
  20. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Congrats. I almost baught one in that exact color until a came across my brand new thumb i carry now.