my beef with "prime time"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alex, Oct 27, 2006.

1. The Monday night Bears game a couple weeks ago went until 12:15 am

Conan O' Brien and David Letterman come on at either midnight or 1 am if I remember correctly.

The Daily Show/Colbert Report combo starts at 11 and ends at midnight.

What is up with all the most popular shows on TV coming on so late? Does everyone really stay up past midnight regularly? Personally, if I'm not sound asleep at 10 pm on a weeknight it's because I have an obscene amount of homework, and I still feel sleep deprived every day. Are most Americans just chronically sleep deprived? I don't understand why these shows can't come on at 9 pm or 8 pm or *gasp* 7 PM!

Am I just weird or do other people share this sentiment?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I know what you mean.

But you have to understand, very bland sitcoms with 50's style laugh tracks are just better than those shows.

3. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Yeah, I hate how so many good shows have to come on way too late. David Letterman's on at the same time as The Tonight Show, though... that's 10:30 here, luckily, so it's not too terribly late.

The only prime time show I like is Seinfeld, and that comes on two channels at the same time. But on FOX recently it's been pushed back to 8 because of baseball.

4. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Daily Show/Colbert Report go from 8-9 PM for me. I guess TV producers just have to decide when to broadcast a show for the best time for the largest possibly audience... Seems like your time zone got the short stick :(

-Dash

5. Curry46

Curry46

May 21, 2006
    someone should donate you a tivo.

6. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    The previous night's daily show/colbert report are on at 8pm every night EST.

Whats the problem?

7. no I'm the weird one... I don't have/watch TV at all. I think the whole lot of it is pretty worthless no matter what time it's on :p

8. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Now boy...

If you were gonna get on here and be spewing off at the mouth about Deon Sanders like I though you was gonna do. You was gonna have soem 'splainin' to do....or there was gonna be trouble.

9. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    Agreed. :)

10. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Another solution is to buy a TIVO or other DVR and record the show while you sleep, to watch when it is convenient.

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Youtube used to be a good substitute, but I can't find Metalocalypse on there anymore. =/

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021