My Belated B-day Present To Myself

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkster, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi guy's I just wanted to share my new addition to the family with you. I bought this for myself for a belated b-day present and for kicking Cancers Ass this year.
    It has been a tough year but everything is looking pretty good. This is my first venture into the world of fretless so be gentle :D I'll be spending alot of time in the woodshed.
    Bob at BassPalace did a nice deal with one of my St Blues in trade.
  2. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    congrats on the new bass!! that is one sweet lookin bass. hows it sound??? good luck and have fun.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the bass...looks like a lot of fun!:D

Even better, Congrats on your survival!!! That's huge!:D:D
  4. AWESOME! fretless P, huh? always a good time to play some Clash tunes!
  5. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Congratulations on Both Accounts. Nice bass, but even better to hear you BEAT cancer!
  6. Sweet. That bass is tight. How does it compare to a fretless J? Congrats on putting cancer in its place.
  7. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I haven't got it in my hands yet but Bob assured me that it's a keeper and best of all it's a B neck P so it's pretty close to a Jazz feel.
    I can't wait!
    Full review to come once I get her....
  8. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Better late than never!:) Cheers to your good health!
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  10. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you guy's for all your kind words!
    I'll keep ya posted on how the woodshedding is coming along....
  11. Cool cancer is a hard illness to crack, hope they got it all and I also hope the treatments didn't make your skin to thin to play it.
  12. Congrats on the new bass!!

Happy belated birthday!!

That is wonderful news about your health man,you`ll have many years to master that fine frettless bass!!

Best Wishes,

13. Funkster man, may you become the Lance Armstrong of fretless bass playing!

God bless you.
    Mike J.
  14. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thanx Mike! Funny you should mention Lance Armstrongs name, I had the same exact Cancer that he had (Testicular). Although! I caught mine very early when it was in stage 1 he waited untill stage 3 and it spread to his lungs and brain. He went through hell but he's doing awesome now.
    Tom Green the comedian went through the same thing and he taped his whole ordeal and what he went through..He's doing great now, he married Drew Barrymore.
    The treatments sucked luckily I only had to do radiation 2700 rads in 4 weeks, I kept moving on with life through the whole thing with the great support of family & friends . The best therapy was I recorded bass tracks for my original bands upcomming disc and kept playing music!, that seemed to work best. I'm doing great now just about fully recoverd and now I have a new challenge in front of me to learn how to play fretless.
    Thanx guy's
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Funkster, welcome to the wonderful world of fretless! You will experience much frustration in your neverending quest for perfect intonation, but the feel and tone are worth all of the torture.:)

And, congratulations on showing the Big C that you are bigger than it is!:)

God bless.
  16. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thanx embellisher! I might look you up for some fretless tips when I get it home with me:)