1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Bergie tilts forward

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phishaholik, Apr 20, 2006.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I have a Bergantino NV610 that I got here off the classifieds. The whole cab tilts forward. It seems like the wheels in the back are a little taller than the feet the front. Is it supposed to be like this?

Mike

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Mine is pretty much level. If it leans forward at all, its pretty slight.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I just threw a level on mine and its perfect.
    Does your cab still have the original (1 inch thick), 2 screw, hard plastic feet, and original (3 inch)casters?
    Are you sure the floor is level?

You could instal a couple of washers, in-between the front feet and the cab.

4. Mine's perfect as well......

Peace,

T

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Mine's fine. On yours, maybe the plastic feet have worn down?

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Do you have it sitting on carpet?

7. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    By chance are you missing the two front tiny legs? Mine was level as is my NV215.

8. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I've tried it on carpet and on hardwood. I think the feet have been worn down. Somebody probably dragged it instead of tilting it back and rolling it. I'm going to order some new ones if Bergantino will ever answer their phone. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Thanks

Mike

9. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    sounds like it's ruined. send it to me and I'll get rid of it for you. :p

10. Jim is great at answering his email! If you can't get him on the phone, send him an email.

11. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Maybe the floors crooked? :)

( Ed Norton )

12. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Jim is easy to get ahold of on the phone or via email. Very responsive. You should not have any problems.

13. Yeah I noticed that it did tend to lean slightly forward. I never really gave it much thought, it didn't seem like it wanted to lean enough to tip over so I didn't even think about it. You're probably right about it being drug around though. The guy I bought it from thought the cab was heavy, so it's possible that he could have drug it when he wasn't able to roll it.

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It sounds like you definitely need new feet. And if Jim isn't answering the phone, it means that he is out of the office on some important mission! :D He is very good about answering the phone and returning e-mails. Give him a chance, and I am sure he'll hook you up.

The real question is, how does it sound? :cool:

Tom.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    +1 on Jim being great answering the phone and emails. I've probably called Jim 10 or so times for various reasons, and the only time he didn't pick up was when he was on the other line talking to Tom:D (He did call me back a few minutes later)

16. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I'll keep trying him. I want to get him on the phone because I want to bug him about bringing back the NV215 too. I've been wanting one of those soooo bad.

The NV610 sounds amazing. I've never been a huge fan of tens before, but I absolutely love this cab. I just got my Peavey 400 out of the shop and the two are a match made in heaven. Very full and rich sounding. It especially loves passive basses. I can't recommend this cab enough.

Mike

17. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    Those plastic feet are the only design feature of these cabs that I'm not too crazy about. Hard rubber might have been an improvement.

18. I put a level on mine over the weekend and the front is about 1/8" lower than the back. Definitely not enough to have a rack fall off of it, but still tilting. I just picked up the cab and it is mint. The original owner bought it 8 months ago.

R

19. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Both my 610 and 215 seems very straight, no tilt!....:)