Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My best idea ever.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Oct 18, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    This may be a better idea than Capture the flag in NYC. My idea is this: Remember those plastic big wheel trikes that we all used to ride as small children? Wouldn't u love to still ride one without cracking it in half? I want to build trikes big enough for a fullgrown man with a hand brake and a cow-catcher and have robotwars/mariokart style showdowns in Union Square and Washington square park.

I have someone willing to do the welding (in return for enough materials to build his own :cool: ) so all i need now is to get hold of the material. Anyone have any frame suggestions? I'm getting brake stuff and wheels from these rusty, locked-up bikes on Lafayette that i'm pretty sure are abandoned (i'm gonna ask don't worry).

thanks,
    Chris

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    They have those... they are called

[​IMG]

SNOWMOBILES

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    wow i've never heard of those. omg thank you so much.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Glad to be at service :D

5. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    And....
    [​IMG]
    THREE WHEELERS

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    nah i'm talking about well...not manual, u know pedal power. this way no one dies.

7. I'd personally use pipe for the frame,you can keep it light and strong. I also suggest bracing it to heck. Plate for the frame.
    Maybe a 10@26 beam for the bumper with sharpened roundbar sticking on an angle for serious damage

8. While this idea certainly has merit, it just won't be the same unless the bike chassis, wheels and optional hand brake (those were deluxe in my day) are made of the same plastic as the original. My two cents.

Mike

9. Recumbent Bicycle?
    [​IMG]

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    [​IMG]

11. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005