My biggest gig yet!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Cornbread, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Yesterday was my biggest gig. I played for about 1000 people at an important basketball game with my school's band. It was pretty exciting when the curtain opened and everyone was cheering while we played 2001. The crowd expecially liked "Thunderstruck" and "Eye of the Tiger" towards the end of the game. I used my BA-115, which really filled the gym when it was almost cranked. Meanwhile, our PA almost blew out even though there was only one trumpet going through it!

I just thought I'd share my experience....
  2. That's awesome man! I'm going to have my first gig on Feb 16 with my hardcore band Ruptured Focus ( It will be The Lamoures in Brooklyn. So man awesome metal bands have played there! Metallica played there when they still had cliff and dave mustaine! =X Guns N' Roses played there. All awesome bands. This shall rule!
  3. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Way to go Cornbread, I think thats great man. Looking back, I would have loved to play with a band in front of my high school. It makes you like a quasi celebrity in a way, at least for the day. In high school, I was a very quiet, stange kid with very few if any true friends, so that would've been awesome! Way to go!
  4. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I don't think I was much of a celebrity. People didn't seem to know what I was doing. I use a six string, so I think some people thought I was playing a guitar or something. It was great playing in front of that many people. Now I have to work on my stage-presence. ttyl

5. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Yeah, when I played in school it didn't really seem to bother very many people - the closest I got to celebrity was when a few 12 year old girls saw me in the street and told me how good my band was. Now if they'd only been a few years older...
  6. My band is only really WELL known by the people in my year. BUT, we're about to get a LOT more exposure. For one thing, there's the 2nd annual talent show that we'll be playing at, which is a good exposure thing. But secondly, and more importantly, we're gonna be playing live music on stage for an original musical that 2 of my teachers are writing!
    Woohoo! I feel so proud to have been chosen out of the...well, there's only 2 REAL bands that are applicable to what the teachers want, but the other one has a singer that the teachers don't want. It's more of a 'background music' kinda thing, with 3 of the cast members sitting in for harmony. :D
    Fun fun fun. :):D;)
  7. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    That's cool. Good luck with the musical. My school's talent show is next month, and I hope to be playing in at least 3 different bands! I might even try to showcase my gut-bucket bass and digeridoo playing! I don't know if anyone could stomach that. :D