1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My birght idea of the week is...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Diaper Geni, Mar 28, 2015.

1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    ...If I want "tube tone", I should for something with tubes! I know. My mother was right. I AM a genius.

Got this on the way, a DHA VT1 EQ Bass Drive. (Man, that's a mouthful.) I had a Blue Tube in the past. Loved the tone, but the pedal itself was big and bulky and didn't have a DI out. I'm hoping to get some of that "tube warmth/compression" without the "dirt/fuzz" with the DHA. From what I've read the DHA will do the trick. Plus it seems designed to handle the hot signal from my L2k in series/active.

Question: The Blue Tube I owned benefitted (at least to what I was looking for tone-wise) from a tube swap. A 12au7 replaced a 12ax7. I had more wiggle room Gain-wise before the signal broke up. More variations of subtle break-up, if you will, with the 12au7 in the Blue Tube. Will a similar tube swap on the DHA give me the same results as in the Blue Tube? Or is this apples and oranges?