My Birthday present!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Shoka42, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Shoka42

Jul 19, 2003
    Well, today (the 8th) is my birthday (sweet 16) and of course, most of my presents were to do with music and Bass. Anyway, one of them was the Bass Guitar Book for Queen songs.

Instantly I get all my queen albums out, and search through the book for an easy song to get to grips with - only to find to my horror, that there arent any!!

Damn John Deacon obviously never listened to the "just root it" group! Now dont get me wrong, i'm not bad, i'm about grade 5 0r 6 standard, but usually I can pick up a songs line from the get go (things like RHCP, Thin Lizzy) but I have never done any Queen before, and can see why. I thought flea was amazing, all his lines sound so intense, but now see that the true art is to make it sound simple, whilst keeping the technicality up.

Methinks I will be listenin to even more Queen than I usually do over the next few weeks!
  2. John Deacon is a god among,..........well gods. That entire band is AWESOME!!! Freddie is an amazing frontman, Bryan rocks out some guitar, Roger is a great songwriter, and john is god on bass with makeup!!!!
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Queen was one of those bands where no one was not talented, which is to say amazingly talented.

I Brian May is the tone god of guitarists IMO. The solo to flick of the wrist made me want to be a guitarist when I was a kid. OOPS bought the wrong instrument. Now that my "ears have been opened" Deacon is the man.
  4. PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was able to see Queen in concert in 1982 at the LA Forum. Talk about talent !!! these guys played thier instruments with perfection. Freddy did a great harpsicord solo that was mind boggling, and of course Brian May was ripping on the Guitar that he and his Father built from some old mantel wood. The opening act was Billy Squier and they weren't too bad themselves.