1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"My Blood" (by TØP) bass effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shortscale kid, Sep 18, 2018.

1. shortscale kid

shortscale kid

Dec 9, 2017
    Austria
    Very interesting sound if you ask me, because he plays with fingers and the distortion still sounds very defined with loads of low end AND loads of distortion.

Do you maybe have any idea which dist pedal/amp Tyler Joseph could have used on his bass for this song? There is definitely some stereo chorus or double tracking going on the mix. But where does the distortion come from? Not sure if its a very dynamic distortion pedal, a muddy fuzz with all the hights rolled off, or if its an amp. To me it sounds more like a solid state distortion, but has something tubish about it as well? Could be just a plugin, but he has to get that sound life as well.

what do you think? Maybe something more modern like something from Darkglass? Or even something close to a RAT with lots of EQ and a clean overdub?