Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Bloody Valentine

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by page, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Ok , I don't really like Sonic Youth and all of the dreamy noise guys that followed in their footsteps. The Very word shoegaze makes me wanna puke, but................................................................................................

I love My Bloody Valentine.

A lot

I have Isn't anything, Loveless, and Ectasy and Wine.

Love all three dearly

Need more insane , cocaine soft noise Kevin Shields god rock. That's what genre I call MBV. Now I need some more stuff like em.

Also , I command ye faithful to discuss , NOW!

2. It is a law that if you own "Loveless", you need one listening of the album wearing headphones, and the volume at a high level.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    An interesting use of... reverb. ;)

Cool stuff, I have to be in a certain mindset to really like them. But when I am in that mindset... wow.

4. damn do i love this band! great thread. get 'tremelo' and 'glider' too. they are both like 3 or 4 song cds. each has 1song that appeared on 'loveless' but the other tunes are great. i think the record company made them put those out since at that point they had been in the studio forever and were actually slowly bankrupting their small label.

i got really obsessed with that band a few years ago. yes, on headphones they are totally sublime. it's like a strange sheer incredible wave of music that washes over you. too bad he got the perfectionist syndrome after that and couldn't put out another record.

5. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Loveless is fookin' ace.