Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my blue spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mybluespector, Mar 22, 2004.

1. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Hey yall its been a long time since i have been here! So long in fact i had to change my account set up. But i do recognize a few of you still! John tuner kinda wanting to know what new basses you have gotten since i have been away!

But to make this somthing interesting who all has nice spectors in here? I own a peacock NS-JHS #73 . I love this bass more than my wife! LOL Just wanted to see if anymore spector people r here!

2. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    thought i would add a couple pics!

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  4. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Man that red looks good!

5. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    This just might reach orgasmic! :hyper:

6. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    The main reason i got the peacock blue is that it really stands out from all the other colors but also i was wanting to have a bass that everyone else didint have! :hyper:

7. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    [​IMG]

i'll be the owner of this later today. I just started the weirdo spector thread on it. Man, these pickups are a trip!

8. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    i guess if ya dont i would call spector up and i bet ya anything it would be that bad to order some more emg for it! Cause the bass itself looks great!

9. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC

When they are full on, they are bad ass. That is a very usable and familiar sound. There is probably one or 2 configs other than that that sounds nice, but some of the combinations suck. however, with all of the options, you really can make some cool sounds.

10. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    I have never tried out those pickups! That couldnt have been original specot gear is it? I do like that blue it looks very nice. Could ya tell me a lillte about it? what year and other info? How mush ya paying? and have you ever owned a spectr?

11. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    I have been playing non stop today and my fingers r kinda like bloody stumps at this point!

12. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I am not sure. Some people said that it probably was a retro-fit, dude I got it from said he is the original owner and it came that way. I did a trade, kind of based on it not relly being original, but at the same time I don't hae a reason to doubt this guy. He has proved accurate a couple of times. Serial number is 827, and he said he got it around 85, so that makes sense. Had a crfm 5, and an NS J 4, but not a classic deal like this.

13. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Looks great for a 85! My spector i sa new one! I tried at first to go find a old one so i wouldnt have to pay for a new one! LOL But the only one i found was at a local store and it looked like someone at one time or another got really mad at it! LOL

14. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    i don't have a spector yet. i plan on getting a NS2000 Q6. i can't wait

15. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    That happens, and it is a shame when it does. You spector if beautiful. I really dig the contour body thing.

16. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Yeah i worked in a music store that i custom orderd my blue spector. And i can tell you we kept those ns2000 great sounding bass man! Cant go wrong with a spector!

17. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Here's my white Spector Rebop 5. Great sounding bass, I picked this up for $450 w/case. It's got a few finish cracks even though it was described as "mint" but I still think it was an awsome deal.

18. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Here's my amberburst NS2000. This has been my main bass since I got a few months ago. I STOLE it off of e-bay with $300 buy it now price. It was in perfect shape when I got it but about a month after I had it the E-tuner broke so I just went ahead and shelled out the cash for the hip shot. I also had it rewired for volume blend instead of two volume controls. I think it sounded a little better in the original configuration of two volumes but I also really like having a single volume control.