1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Bootzilla is crapping out on me

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jsm81, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jsm81

jsm81

Jan 25, 2008
    Hey guys, I bought a Snarling Dogs Bootzilla Pedal back in Nov of '07. Absolutely loved the pedal, until about a month ago when the actual pedal that your foot rides on lost all resistance and just falls freely into the toe position. I guess that's not a big deal, because it's not like I use it left half open, I usually rock it anyway. But now it's also cutting off my signal when in it's not activated. All of a sudden I be playing and everything will go mute on me, I push on the toe to activate the wah and then press it again to deactivate and I get my signal back. Now if this wasn't all bad enough, customer service is definately not there. I tried call musiciansfriend, they give me a number to snarling dogs (which wasn't toll free), turns out this number is someone's home number who has nothing to do with them. I then try to track down a number, and all I get are email addresses on their website, which all have gone un-replied. Any suggestions here, I'm really getting frustrated and if it weren't for the fact that I spent $120 on this, I'd chuck it out the window?????

2. jsm81

jsm81

Jan 25, 2008
    BTW, at this point I would not recommend this pedal to anybody, I am thoroughly disappointed with this company's lack of service for their customers.

3. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    Yeah, in my experience the Snarling Dogs wahs don't hold up too well. Sounds like you need a new switch to me.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Snarling Dogs pedals break more than they work. They make Behringer units look like Sherman tanks by comparison.

5. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    I traded my Bawl Buster wah in last week to GC and got a 105Q to take the place. The BB sounded good for about 2 months then it started losing its tone and started to sound muddy through out the sweep.
    I know they dont make them anymore but I had to trade it in.

Like everyone else says the Snarling Dogs wahs start to malfunction quickly.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Fantastic sound though, once I got mine sorted I fell in love with it, mine had crazy feedback.

7. jsm81

jsm81

Jan 25, 2008
    *** UPDATE ***
    I finally received a reply back from Snarling Dogs and it looks like they're going to swap out the pedal for me. Hopefully this new one will hold up better.

8. I hope it works out for you. They do sound great.