Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bow from Bob Gollihur

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by apfroggy0408, Feb 11, 2006.

1. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    Well I got this bow today, and wow am I amazed. The case is beautiful. Velvet interior, pocket for rosin, and holds the bow very nicely. The bow itself is wonderful. I've never seen this much hair on a bow, but I'm not complaining. It feels very nice compared to the janky 250$$ one at the local shop. It also feels like a perfect weight on my hands. I'm very pleased with everything from gollihur. I will definately not hesitate to do business with him again.

For all you people that are thinking about buying this bow. GET IT!!!!!

I havn't been able to play on it. On monday I shall report back to you on how it plays.

2. musicman5string

musicman5string Banned

Jan 17, 2006
    I just ordered one from him and received it today. Looks great. I won't have my bass back until next week so I'll post my thoughts then also.
    I just don't believe in spending alot on a bow considering I don't use it alot in performance. My other bow I got from Orin O'Brien for $150 11 years ago needed to be replaced; alot of hair had broke. Maybe one day I'll get a $1000 bow. Not today.:)

3. camCARV03

camCARV03

Apr 23, 2006
    memphis, TN
    yes. Gollihur bows are great indeed.

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I love my Gollihur bow. Why didn't you re-hair your bow instead of buyign a new one musicman???