1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My brand new $10 bass day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neilshane, Feb 10, 2020.

1. neilshane

neilshane

Sep 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    So, I was reading the thread on the Glarry basses: Official Exquisite/Glarry/Burning Fire Bass Club?

Turns out, you can get a brand new bass in Ebay for $35! Well, I had a $25 Visa gift card from a work thing so I grabbed this baby for $10 shipped! lol I still can't get over it!

Here's the Ebay site, though I guess he ran out of basses: Exquisite Burning Fire Style Electric Bass Guitar Blue | eBay

I love the name. Exquisite Burning Fire Style Electric Bass Guitar Blue. HA!

But I'm not laughing about the way this thing plays. It's sort of unbelievable actually! The setup was near perfect out of the box. One knob needed to be super glued back together and the fretboard was insanely dry. I conditioned the board, but on a set of TI Jazz Flats I had laying around and it sounds and plays like butter!

Wonderful, growly tone. Easy playing satin neck. No sharp frets. And the color is stunning. Not what was shown in the Ebay pictures, but much, much better.

All in all, I got a killer bass I'm going to leave in my office to jam on through Garageband for less than the price of lunch out. Woohoo!!
    IMG_8213.JPG IMG_8214.JPG IMG_8215.JPG

2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    WOW! BEAUTIFUL!:)

JRA and neilshane like this.
  3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Plus, the poetry is included at no extra charge:

4. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    Glad it worked out for you! Exact same color of a Glarry/exquisite "strat" I bought for someone a few years ago. Same deal, I was expecting a more "intense" color, but I admit I liked it and the black PG topped it off.

How do you feel about the neck?

JRA and EatS1stBassist like this.
  5. neilshane

neilshane

Sep 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    I really like the neck to be honest. It has a nice satin finish and it's completely straight. Feels great.

CatchaCuda and EatS1stBassist like this.
  6. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Yeah! I think it’s awesome. :thumbsup::laugh:

EatS1stBassist and neilshane like this.
  7. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Ok. You convinced me. I just ordered a bass from these guys. This one cost $65. But hey! Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

And for the price of a pizza dinner and pitcher of draft for four? No worries. I’m in. :)

8. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I hear you. :thumbsup:

Some years back I bought a new Baltimore bass for $38 off the ‘specials & clearance’ rack at my local GC. I got it because I planned on routing out a swimming pool so I could use it as a test bed for pickups and electronics.

But when I got it home I discovered it played really well, had surprisingly nice fretwork, set up easily, and had decent tuners. It also sounded quite good. Then my guitarist SO had a listen and took one look at the flawless metallic red finish and the Dr. Seuss Whoville inspired pickguard and said: don't you dare rout that!

So other than upgrading the pickup and electronics (about $50 all in since everything was already in my parts stash) it remains as it did the day I bought it. It’s a fun bass to trot around. Sounds really good. And someone always asks: Where on earth did you find that? :laugh:

Love it!

B9DB52A7-55CC-4ECC-8DE5-3EBC9EC2FCAA.jpeg

9. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    I am the Lord of the Low Pitch Site! Fear me, geetards!!!

10. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I like the pickguard on that! :thumbsup:

EatS1stBassist, CatchaCuda and JRA like this.
  11. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Yep. Everybody does. It seems to draw pretty women too for some odd reason. :laugh:

12. Allegrus

Allegrus

Mar 13, 2019
    Ottawa, ON
    Why isn't there a punk/grunge (or whatever it would be called today) garage band at every home when you can purchase an instrument at this price?

tindrum likes this.
  13. neilshane

neilshane

Sep 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    The kids don't play guitar anymore. It's all electronic. Dammit.

14. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    Do you play any basses with a similar neck thickness? The thickness was out of my comfort zone. Yet, I've seen others mention they don't even consider it thick.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  15. neilshane

neilshane

Sep 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    It's thicker than my Fender Jazz for sure. But I'm offended by it.

CatchaCuda likes this.
  16. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Because kids today don't realize how much sheer fun music can be. Go back and look at some performance videos from the sixties ; tv shows and such. The bands are having fun, the well-dressed kids in the theater seats are having a blast, even the guys introducing the acts are having fun. Over time, we've lost that joyous innocence.

EdO. and EatS1stBassist like this.
  17. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Dec 28, 2012
    Yes they do and no we haven't. Plenty of kids are getting into music, starting bands and snagging whatever gear they can.

18. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    It's beatifull, in a different way !

19. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    poopie day.

20. the federalist

the federalist I think about basses a lot. Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2014
    QUOTE="InhumanResource, post: 23600816, member: 234490"]Yes they do and no we haven't. Plenty of kids are getting into music, starting bands and snagging whatever gear they can.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I can't agree with you. Here's the issue:

D20IH1wWwAEgXUR.jpg