1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Brand New Ashdown CTM100 and CL-414H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chazsundance, Nov 4, 2013.

1. chazsundance

chazsundance

Jan 5, 2011
    I just picked up my new Ashdown rig. WOW!!! I've never owned an all tube head before, can't believe the tone and volume for only 100 watts.

photo-2.

I've owned Aguilar, Mesa Big Block 750, Ampegs, Bergantino, Epifani, etc etc So far this rig is probably the best tone I've ever heard/owned.

photo-3.

Can't wait to start gigging with it :hyper:

2. happyg

happyg

Sep 17, 2011
    Very nice. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on it.

3. chazsundance

chazsundance

Jan 5, 2011
    I'll have time tonight to mess with it more. This weekend I'll have my first practice on it.

So far the tone straight out of the box (flat eq) is just killing it for nice cleans and warm low end. The Cabinet is tight and punchy and pairs perfect with the head.

4. chazsundance

chazsundance

Jan 5, 2011
    I used the amp twice this week in a full band setting. For a 100 watts this thing is super loud. I'm able to get nice cleans out of it and by bumping up the gain it brings in that nice tube grit. The EQs seem to be less noticeable at low volumes. Once the amp is rocking, Master turned full and gain at about 9 o'clock you can really hear the controls come to life.

The amp has a great rock n roll sound and with a quick hit of the deep switch it turns to instant vintage warmth.

I'm playing in a band with a loud guitar player and a loud drummer. This baby handles it just fine.

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Holy Tube watts > SS watts Batman!!

:bag:

Seriously though, nice amp.

:bassist:

6. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Mmmm... creamy chickenheads. ;)