1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My bridge is angled

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by dbass87, May 17, 2011.

1. dbass87

dbass87

May 16, 2010
    While practicing arco today and looking in a mirror, I realized that my bridge actually is angled slightly down on the E string side. I'm not sure how long it's been that way. My last string change was over a year ago, and I guess it could have been offset then, and I just didn't notice. Also I did have a RevSolo pickup installed a few months back, and they had to saw on the bridge a bit to make the pup fit, maybe they tweaked the bridge... I could have jarred it I guess but it seems like you would have to jar it pretty hard, and I don't remember that happening... Is this angle a problem or not anything to worry about? I guess I could adjust it by de-tuning my strings?

2. It's a very easy fix. Hit it with a shoe.

Bridges move around. Just putting on and taking off a soft case can move it. If you're the particular type, you could mark the spot where it belongs with a little pencil on the top and bridge feet.

3. dbass87

dbass87

May 16, 2010
    haha thanks. I was able to just pull on it pretty good and adjust it some.