1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by scottos150, Jun 10, 2003.

1. This is kinda difficult to describe and sorry if I don't use correct termenology. I have a Fender Jazz(MIM). On my bridge, the thing that has the screw going threw it thats lifts up the string slowly slips downward over a month or so, causing me to have to raise it back up quite frequently. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening.

2. There is a product called "Loc-Tite" that is available in auto parts stores. It's a little bottle of goo that, when applied to the threads of a screw or bolt, will keep it tight until loosened on purpose. Now, it's VERY important that you get the right version of this stuff. DO NOT USE THE RED LOC-TITE!!! This stuff is really aggressive and needs to be loosened with heat after it cures. Get the BLUE version instead. Remove the offending allen screw(s) and put a drop on the threads and re-install. Let it cure for an hour and it will hold fast until you change it. It will even hold after that so you don't have to re-apply with each adjustment.

Hope this helps!!

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I completely agree with HB, I just wanted to add that the Blue formula is #242.