My brilliant observation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BigWig Will, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Gentlemen! And Ladies! Of Science.

I am honored that you have decided to grant me the pleasure of your prescence. I have labored many months to put this presentation together for you, and I can not express at how pleased I am that all of you decided to show up. Thank you.

Now, the reason I've called you all here is an issue that is, and has been, a very significant part of our lives as humans. Gender Interaction. The division of males/females is roughly equal on this planet, and no matter how hard we may try, we will no doubt come in frequent contact with a member of the opposing gender. These exchanges CAN be congenial, pleasant, even productive. However, often times, ESPECIALLY when the two representatives of their respective genders are of intimate relations (ie. wed, courting, or otherwise engaged) when these exchanges can become heated arguements, irrational conflicts of interests with fiery verbal blows and hefty insults flung back and forth at one another like a shoot out at a Catapult Corral.

Why do these heated exchanges occur? And why, when members of opposing genders are present, are they often on similar topics. Leisure activities, goals for relationships, the arrangement of ones living room. Are not males and females very much the same? We are admittedly, differing physiologically and anatomically, but biologically we are very much the same. We both have many of the same organs, consume many of the same types of foods, and inhabit the same areas. So what could be the genesis of these seemingly unsurmountable obstacles in gender relations? I say, my colleagues, that it is because men and women differ from one another emotionally, psychically and socialogically. These differences are instilled throughout their birth and development and it could very well be, that men and women may never TRUELY understand one another.

Now calm down, my colleagues, I know this comes as a shock. But I DO have evidence to back up my outrageous claim! Namely this:

Thank you.

(PS: UKer's may know this guy, he's supposed to be pretty well known over there. I think.)

(PPS: Yes, I am kidding! CLICK THE LINK!)
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've been following that website for years. I think it's hilarious. Mill will never move on because even though she's...... errr... difficult. He's obviously in love with her. He may complain about her but I reckon he'd be bored stiff with a "normal" partner.
  3. I didn't realise truly was a verb. To true - is that some kind of construction term, getting something nicely vertical or flat perhaps?

Also, that link is hilarious.
  4. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    im only 16 but im told a very wise 16, ive been to the site read thro so of the things they fight about, i know whats what im headed for minus the kidds.... and i cant wait:D
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nope never heard of this/it/her!! :confused:

They were kidding you!! ;)
  6. Bruce is the wisest of them all. He has a wise name too Bruce Lindfield.... has that "i know everything" ring to it. hehehehehe

7. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    I think that fella released a book of the same name... although I could be wrong about that.
  8. Grr Fixed! :spit:

Also, I could understand Mil not wanting to move on. At first I was wondering if they would last as a couple...but after reading further, and finding they'd been together for over 14 years. I was in a relationship with someone who was very much like Margaret, and believe me, they're a ton of fun, if somewhat trying.
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yep. I was on his mailing list for a while and the story goes something like this. Mill was originally approached to produce a regular column in a newspaper, purely for light entertainment. That fell through but the talks drew some publishers to him and they started to organise a book. Apparently it's out but hey, just do what I do and check the website every now and then.

I love the way Mill thinks.........