1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My brother's car got vandalized. Twice.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by L-A, Sep 20, 2008.

1. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    So here's the story. My brother bought an old Mercedes 190E maybe six months ago, as a replacement for a dying Corolla (which was his first car). The Baby Benz was in pretty good condition, being previously owned by a dentist who bought it new and brought it for a total checkup every 2000 miles.

Shortly after my brother bought it, the car developed a very slow oil leak (which was okay because he had budgeted some money for the obvious repairs that would be needed) that lead to my parents asking him to park in the street instead of the driveway (it's paved, and oil stains are hard to remove, etc.)

So fast forward to last month, the leak is now fixed, but my parents insisted that he kept parking his car in the street, so that my dad can drive his motorcycle out of the garage, which is not feasible when both of our cars are side to side in the driveway. One morning, my brother wakes up to find out his driver-side mirror has been yanked away from its support and threw on the grass in front of the house. Of course, it's also smashed.

So I argue with my parents that they should probably let him park the car in the driveway, because then it's a lot less of an incentive to vandalism, and it's not in the way of groups of teens that walk by. To no avail.

So today, three weeks later, I come back from work to find his car yet again vandalized. The guy(s) kicked his headlight until it cracked, then broke, picked up a piece of it and proceeded to scratch and hit the hood with it.

I need to vent. My brother did all that was needed (filed a deposition on both events, repaired everything on the first and will do the same now), but I just feel that it ain't fair. If I ever catch the guy who's responsible for that, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna vandalize the hood with his nose.

My neighbourhood is full of spoiled teenagers with rich parents, and it sucks. Thanks for reading. Life goes on, I guess :)

2. People are morons. Hope he gets it sorted out!

3. Kids suck.

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    put the car in the same spot and set up some cameras. time for revenge!!!!!

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Booby trap his car

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Put a bee hive in this car, seeing that Im guessing a broken window is the next step. You figure out the steps after this.

7. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Move to Texas.

8. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Thanks for the suggestions :confused:

:p

9. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I had some similiar things happen to me. I would park my car in the street, since my mother would have to pull out of the garage in the morning for work, and I wasn't up yet. I had 2 windows smashed, as well as 2 attempted robberies. My neighborhood rules!

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you park your car on one edge of the driveway and he parks his on the other, is there room to get the motorcycle by? I ask because we have a four car driveway with four cars and two motorcycles. We can squeeze them all in with careful parking.

Sorry to hear about the Benz, people sure can be jerks. The worst part is, the car did nothing to them, and they vandalize it for no reason. Those punks would probably pass by a human being with their eyes down, but would unleash on an inanimate object. Punks.

11. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Nope, it's a two-car (side by side) driveway, and you can't open a door fully if you park both cars at the same time. Plus my dad has a Goldwing :rolleyes:

And yeah, these guys are just looking for something, whatever it is, to have power over for a brief time. It's at the same time frustrating and pathetic.

12. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Sounds like your brother pissed someone off.

13. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    No one that we can think of. But if some thinks it's my car, it's a whole other story. :bag:

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Sounds like you're more pissed at your parents (their house, their rules) than the people that did this to your brother's car. Besides, it's not even your fight, so why are you starting a thread about it? :eyebrow:

15. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Wow... people who vandalize others' property for no reason deserve a bullet in the leg. If you ever catch 'em in the act, don't go American History X on them, but you should teach 'em a lesson somehow.

16. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Not really a good idea,how do you put it in there and after how do you use the car?:confused:

17. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    ok i know how you involve it in involves a 50 ft peice of rope and a nasty Dog ...tie the rope to the bumper and tire the other end to the dog .. end of problem

18. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    You just started this thread so you can say that your brother has a Benz.

jk.

reference to some guy's thread about his Jag.

19. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    Why not?

20. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz

did i mention I have a Jag?