My brother's first gig....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by frankencow150, Jan 18, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Last night I came home from the Poolesville talent show,where my brothers band played(he plays bass).Well they played 2 originals and 2 Oasis cover(supersonic anf f**kin in the bushes).They got first place in the bands category,and guess who won over all...REBA MACINTIRE AND GARTH BROOKS DUET!No jokes,a guy and a girl did a horrible duet.

Well the other band was a sloppy punk band,who was too stupid to figure things out,they guitarists were standing right in front of the amp saying "what's going"? I felt kinda band cuz theyre were getting so much feedback and didn't know hwo to fix it.they did some good covers but there singer was horrible and there originals sucked.The only good person in the punk band was the drummer.They did "say anything" by the bouncing souls and "bro hymn" by Pennywise.It was cool because my brothers band went up there and sang along with them to bro hymn.

My brothers band had guitar solos in all there songs and i think thats what really got the crowd brother didnt have the bass loud enough,i kept signaling him to turn it up,but it was in the middle of a song,so he just started using his thumb since it makes deeper and thumpier.

It was a really boring talent show because....
    there were 20 acts,1-9 were singing,piano,and opera.11-19 were singing,piano,opera.

Well they all got big trophy's for winning the band category,and it was only fun when the bands played.woohoo!
  2. I want to live in a town that has a talent show, no really I'm not kidding.
  3. Well why don't you try and set one up?

4. why doesn't anything cool like that happen around here?
  5. While on the Map it looks like Miami is one of a dozen cities in Metropolitan Dade County it is acctually one BIG (2500 sq mi or so) City with few real Boundries other then Racial/Political/ Ethnic.
    If the weather wasn't so Nice here I would be in Asheville NC right now. But Latinos don't do well in the Cold, We freeze our "Brains" off :D