1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Browne bass build...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scottm, Jul 18, 2007.

1. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    I see someone just posted in this thread. I decided not to get the bass.
    Thanks for the comments though.
    -Scott.

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, I do believe we have a winner.
    I like Browne's basses, nice indeed.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Thanks for the comment By-Tor. I can't wait to see this bass done. Never played a 32inch scale bass with 29 frets before! Mike was kind enough to suggest fret lines because my other two basses are 35inch scale basses. Got to say, it has been fun dreaming up the idea of this bass with Mike. I really need to start posting on talkbass more.
    -Scott.

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Congrats on your upcoming bass. Browne basses are one of the very few modern basses that I really like the look of. I usually don't like most Carl Thompson inspired shapes but these really appeal to me. I may have to look into one. I've been aware of the guy for awhile but keep forgetting about him until someone brings him up here at TB.

5. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Thanks. I really like how clean all of his basses look. I think thats what made me want one in the beginning. He just posted some pictures of a completed Gnome bass that is all walnut that really looks clean. I think Mike said the weight of the bass was only about 6lbs!
    -Scott.

6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I played one of Mike's basses (the AG) at a past NAMM show and it was definitely my favorite bass there that year. He has a great attention to detail and his craftsmanship is superb.

Glad to see him building full throttle... Congrats on the bass, I'm sure you'll love it.

7. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Jean Baudin,
    Wow, I didn't know your the one that owns that Ken Lawrence "Joust" bass! That is one of my favorite basses! I love the way that bass sounds and looks. Next you should get a Browne bass :)

Thanks for the comment on my new Browne bass -Scott.

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    One of the few builders out there that has piqued my interest in the last few years. I look forward to seeing more.

9. Very nice bass coming together...enjoy!!!:bassist:

10. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    No sweat and thanks for the compliments on Joust... I'll forward them to the Chef. I have a couple of basses in the works right now, but perhaps sometime in the future there'll be a million-stringed Browne among them. :)

11. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Im jealous. I first saw his basses a couple months back and other GAS items have gotten in the way sense then, but I have recently gone back to the Browne bass obsession.