My Bun In The Oven

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cassanova, Jul 2, 2005.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

Its not a great pic, I took it with my phone cause its the only camera I have, but soon this will be mine!! :hyper: Its odd too cause I really dont like Ibanez SoundGears, but the price was too good to pass up. Only $275 for a SR506 in excellent condition.
  2. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Remove the HTML tags and you'll be set ;). Not a bad looking bass from what I could see, which wasn't much :p.
  3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    why do I see a picture of a spector? :meh:

that was weird, there we go, now its the green ibanez
  4. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I dunno, why do you see a specter?
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice. I love Soundgear sixes.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I guess he thinks it looks like a spector.
  7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Cool Cass, looking forward to hearing some clips soon!
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Thank ya fellas. Its not exactly the bass I really want. Like I said, not an Ibanez fan. But right now Ive got nothing at all, so Im pretty excited.

About the sound clips, i dont have the capabilities of doing it on this computer. :( its a dinosaur
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! I have one just like that, Mama C.

It plays great and has a very good B string. But it does need some new electronics. Pretty weak sounding.

But you should be able to tweak a decent sound with your amp.
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Yeah, i totally agree with you on the electronics section, I think the pickups could be better too. I was thinking about in time, having a set of bartolini's put in with the bartolini preamp that they put in the lakland usa and 55-02 models. I figure that'll soup it up and make it sound somewhat professional.
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    For a second there....

"cass is a chick? ***?"

12. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Very good bass IMO. I own one of the 2004 releases with the Bart's. Amazingly well built, great bass. I'm sure those are good, sans the electronics. And hey, you can always send it my way if you really dislike it.
  13. I exchanged the pickups and electronics on my SR400 for EMG(BQS System). The difference was like light and day, it does the trebly modern sound extremly well now. Definitly worth the hunk of cash it cost me.
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, that will do it. With an electronics transplant, these would be a true pro quality sixer on the cheap. If mine had Barts or EMGs, I probably would have never bought my Cirrus.
  15. somehow, I think there's more to it than just that. The logical thing for you to have done was to slap in the Barts..

Face it, Jeff, you wanted the Cirrus... :cool:
  16. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Yes you would have. :oops:P~
  17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    He would have been a fool not to buy the Cirrus that he got. That is one beautiful bass.