My Cabinet is famous!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Hello everybody,
    well, I'm watching PBS because they always have some music show on saturday nights, and they just played a Roy Orbison music video, pretty woman. I just noticed that the bass player had a peavey head and a peavey 1810 cab. Wow I didn't know they were so famous ;) j/k. sorry, just a little excited!

p.s. Anybody want to buy it now??
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    :) Pretty cool man. :p

Did you like the bass tone that Orbison's bassist was getting?
  3. thats a good song.

Peavey is cool!
  4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    I actually saw Tommy Shannon (of Stevie Ray Vaughn/DOuble Trouble fame) go thorugh one of those at a show. Also, when I went to Nashville a long time ago, it seemed like every bass player was using a Peavey Mark IV head on top of an 1810.

Not a bad cab but not much power handling by todays standards. Pretty heavy too as I recall.
  5. well Gabu, the abssist was actually an upright bassist, so i guess i can't really say much about it, i guess it was alright, But Tommy Shannon used one? sweet. I love tommy shannon's tone (his tone and SRV's tone always complimented each other perfectly)
    Yeah, I get frustrated about matchng a head to it because it can only handle 200 watts with 4 ohms. Maybe I'll have to look into that peavey mark IV, although I was kind of hoping for ampeg, but I can't find a 200 watt 4 ohm ampeg head!
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Get the SVT200T or the B2R. Both are 350w @ 4 ohms, but people never turn all the way up. That means more clean power for you. :)