Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Cabinet is famous!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Hello everybody,
    well, I'm watching PBS because they always have some music show on saturday nights, and they just played a Roy Orbison music video, pretty woman. I just noticed that the bass player had a peavey head and a peavey 1810 cab. Wow I didn't know they were so famous ;) j/k. sorry, just a little excited!

Charlie
    p.s. Anybody want to buy it now??
    j/k

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :) Pretty cool man. :p

Did you like the bass tone that Orbison's bassist was getting?

3. thats a good song.

Peavey is cool!

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    I actually saw Tommy Shannon (of Stevie Ray Vaughn/DOuble Trouble fame) go thorugh one of those at a show. Also, when I went to Nashville a long time ago, it seemed like every bass player was using a Peavey Mark IV head on top of an 1810.

Not a bad cab but not much power handling by todays standards. Pretty heavy too as I recall.

5. well Gabu, the abssist was actually an upright bassist, so i guess i can't really say much about it, i guess it was alright, But Tommy Shannon used one? sweet. I love tommy shannon's tone (his tone and SRV's tone always complimented each other perfectly)
    Yeah, I get frustrated about matchng a head to it because it can only handle 200 watts with 4 ohms. Maybe I'll have to look into that peavey mark IV, although I was kind of hoping for ampeg, but I can't find a 200 watt 4 ohm ampeg head!
    Charlie

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Get the SVT200T or the B2R. Both are 350w @ 4 ohms, but people never turn all the way up. That means more clean power for you. :)