Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Car has just been totalled!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pyrohr, May 27, 2005.

1. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I was sitting in my house on my computer when I hear this LOUD BANG! I run to the window and my worst fears have just taken place! My car is 3 spaces away from where I parked it less than an hour ago. I put on my pants and run out the door to see someone helping the driver (who had now been resting on the house next doors steps) out of the car, She is wearing surgical boots and had just had BOTH feet worked on! You know were they rap your feet up and you wear that surgical shoe home, well she was driving like that and lost control at a high rate of speed. She crossed three lanes of traffic and hit my car head on. Now I understand that accident do happen but I hate inconsiderate people who seem to have reckless disregard for other people and property. What made her think she could drive with those boots on! could she even feels the pedals of the car! I'm just ranting now, I have to calm down! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    i hope it wasnt the vette in your pic......

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Jesus. Thats unlucky.

4. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow. That's just unbelievable! :eek:

5. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry to hear about that. Best of luck dealing with the insurance company and getting compensated for the damages. On a lighter note...

What were you doing in front of your computer with your pants off? ;)

6. owned

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Just be glad you were not in it... and sorry to hear about this, I hope (really hope) it wasn't the car from your avatar!

BUT....

You have no idea just how often I have included that statement in a sentence. I live in a huge grid of houses. 2.5 lots square... each lot is 100'x100'. I live on a corner lot with two houses (one facing a 35 mph through street and mine on the 25 mph cross street). In the 5 years I've owned the houses... I've had to put my pants on and run out to help neighbors pull idiots from cars. Each time someone blew the stop coming across the intersectiontowards my house... Each time they popped someone cruising ~50 mph on the main road and ended up on their side in my tenant's side yard :meh:

sorry, I just thought it odd/familar to read your post.

8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That sucks dude. Someone totalled my flat-bed truck while it was sitting outside the repair shop. Turned out he was a drunk driver. The lesson I learned out of the whole thing was, don't settle with the insurance company. Sue the driver for everything they've got, more likely than not a good attorney will get you a lot more compensation out of the deal (even after attorney's fees). In my case it was probably easier 'cause the driver was intoxicated, but it sounds like your woman shouldn't have been driving in the first place. Just off the cuff, from what you've said, it sounds like you have a pretty good case. G'luck man.

9. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I had that happen before, only I was in the car, lucky to be alive.

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm sorry to hear that. My car, though I may not always act like it, as the most prized thing I owned. Even more than my basses. It used to be owned by my grandpa (who is my personal hero, and perhaps the person I love most in this world), and he sold it to me then. I need to take better care of it, though.

I'm just glad no one was hurt. Do you know what sort of surgery she had on her feet? I would definetely go after her for what you can, and teach her a lesson. Not only was she driving while impaired, but she was also driving wrecklessly.

11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    That's no Fun dude, praise be the suburbs and a garage! There weren't like 5 jazz basses in the trunk. were there?

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Let's just settle at recklessly - as she did wreck a few things... ;)

Anyway, that sucks.. :(

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Thanks for the reply fella's, The car that was wrecked was not the car in the avatar (the avatar is just a pic) The car was bought new and never gave a problem, It was a Cougar RX7 ordered in July 96 with all special equipment (police package, 8cly, 16's, body claddind) phone was installed but no longer used in dashboard, PPI amps, EQS crossover, JL Audio 3x10's professionally installed in trunk along with Alpine 12 disc changer and NEW two week old Alpine CDA-9847 cd, mp3 sat and sirius ready player. It may not have been new but we did buy it new and kept it in mint condition. All wiped away because someone with two heavily bandaged feet felt she could drive herself around without thinking what could possibly happen, She could have run into a crowd! she could have plowed down a corner of people, a school, killed kids, but she only hit my car and a house at 50 miles an hour! when my wife came home I showed her the women who hit us and the womens coment was "that's alright there is a God" I sorry I was in her way! maybe I should have parked my car not in front of my house but down the block! She was insenuating (sp) that God whould pay me back for her wrecking MY car! WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM!

14. Why do people always blame the victim? I had an emblem stolen off one of my Mustangs and my Dad told me it was my fault.
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your car. Cougars were/are nice cars. Especially the V8 ones.

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    And why do we need to know?

Sorry about the car. Look at the bright side, you weren't in it when it happenned.

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Who doesnt want to know?!!?!?!? it sounds HOT!

Hope she got insurance:)

17. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I've no idea what most of that is, but thank [divine figure of choice] you were at your computer with your pants off, rather than getting into your car...

:meh:

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ...... pics?......... :bag:

19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Damn.

It wasn't some uninsured illegal or anything was it?

If it wasn't, atleast you'll get it replaced... right?