My case smells...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Anyone else have this problem with hardshell cases? It smells horribly. I febreezed it, vacuumed with baking soda, everything, for days, and finally got it out. Within a week the smell was back. It's "Black Plush" and maybe 6 years old. I got it with my bass, so I'm assuming it's a Fender case. Anyone have advice?
  2. do you have pets? :eek:

leave some car airfresheners in there?
  3. I had a Fender case that smelled bad too. It smelled like old spit. I sold it on Ebay that along with a Fender bass. Don't worry I didn't sell it to
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mine smells nice. I febreeze it even thoguh it doesnt smell. Im weird like that.
  5. my warwick smells like my funk, how can i make it smell good, or not at all.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The '92 Ibanez I have along with the case smells quite pleasant after all these years. The new 2002 P-BassMIA I have smells like the laquer vat.
  7. Hah, I don't have pets, but I used Arm and Hammer Pet Odors baking soda stuff and it worked pretty well. Too bad the odor keeps coming back! I don't think it's the bass (although after spending some time in the case it starts to smell like it too). It smells like cat pee or something, I don't know what exactly.
  8. well mine is full of ferret hair :D
    he loves curling up in the plush lining and taking a nap, no smell though :)
  9. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Yeah, my new ibanez case smells like ass, and I hate it. I'm going to try soem febreeze. Maybe a car freshener. Makes the bass smell too.
  10. I'm not sure but I think it depends on the type of glue used by the case manufacturer to glue the plush lining in.

I had a Godin case which smelled horrible, almost as if something had crawled in and died there, and I had a Music Man case which smelled sweet, like vanilla!
  11. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Put a few pine or spruce branches with lots of needles on the branches in your case, close the lid and let it set for a few days. The chlorophyl (sp?)Will absorb most odors in a few days.

It really works!