Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My case smells...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Anyone else have this problem with hardshell cases? It smells horribly. I febreezed it, vacuumed with baking soda, everything, for days, and finally got it out. Within a week the smell was back. It's "Black Plush" and maybe 6 years old. I got it with my bass, so I'm assuming it's a Fender case. Anyone have advice?

2. do you have pets? :eek:

leave some car airfresheners in there?

3. I had a Fender case that smelled bad too. It smelled like old spit. I sold it on Ebay that along with a Fender bass. Don't worry I didn't sell it to you...lol.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mine smells nice. I febreeze it even thoguh it doesnt smell. Im weird like that.

5. my warwick smells like my funk, how can i make it smell good, or not at all.

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The '92 Ibanez I have along with the case smells quite pleasant after all these years. The new 2002 P-BassMIA I have smells like the laquer vat.

7. Hah, I don't have pets, but I used Arm and Hammer Pet Odors baking soda stuff and it worked pretty well. Too bad the odor keeps coming back! I don't think it's the bass (although after spending some time in the case it starts to smell like it too). It smells like cat pee or something, I don't know what exactly.

8. well mine is full of ferret hair :D
    he loves curling up in the plush lining and taking a nap, no smell though :)

9. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Yeah, my new ibanez case smells like ass, and I hate it. I'm going to try soem febreeze. Maybe a car freshener. Makes the bass smell too.

10. I'm not sure but I think it depends on the type of glue used by the case manufacturer to glue the plush lining in.

I had a Godin case which smelled horrible, almost as if something had crawled in and died there, and I had a Music Man case which smelled sweet, like vanilla!

11. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Put a few pine or spruce branches with lots of needles on the branches in your case, close the lid and let it set for a few days. The chlorophyl (sp?)Will absorb most odors in a few days.

It really works!

Pkr2