Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Cat is dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    LIFE SUCKS

My cat garfeild died today. *crys*
    He was 18 years old and ive had him all my life.. and then some. He was the best cat in the world!!!!! I Will miss him so much! Now im gonna go cry. =(

Damnit..thers so much drama in my life... first my girlfriend dumps me and is trying to get with me again ....and now my bestfriend(garfeild) dies... life sucks a monkeys hairy bootyhole!!! :mad: :(

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´m so sorry for your loss.

Losing a pet hurts like hell. :(

Hang in there!

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sorry to hear about your cat, bud. i know how much that sucks. :(

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Sorry to hear about this.

I'm not a big cat person but I know that when my wife's cat is gone (Alex has been around since I met my wife), life will never, ever be quite the same, and I don't ever want that day to come.

:(

5. Sorry to hear that Foxy. :(

Losing a pet is very hard. He did have a pretty good run though.

Don't even think of the other things going on right now.

Hang in.

Mike

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

7. Losing a pet is like losing a best friend.

Sorry to hear about it, he did have a good run though, you must've taken good care of him.

Life goes up and down, if its any solace, things can only get better.

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    think about this, 18 is a lot in cat years, so at least he lived most than many others...

still it sucks :(

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm sure somebody you know has a factory. They seem to go about six weeks between batches.

10. life sucks a monkeys hairy bootyhole!!!

I have been trying to get rid of it for 21 years and it still follows me around. LOL.

11. Sorry about kitty cat.

You'll see him again one day.

|c:

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's rough dude, my advice is to try to take advantage of a bad situation. I don't know if this holds true to everyone, but I know it does for me, songwriting. I find it to be most productive when on extreme of any emotion. Sadness, Happiness, Anger, whatever. If you are truely feeling something, and you try to convey your feelings through music, lyrics/poetry, whatever, odds are you will get great results.

I hope you get out of your rut though Nick, I know what it's like to go through bummed times. I suffered from depression for about 3 years of my life before I even told anyone about it and went on medication, but oddly enough, when I was on the meds, I was still sad after a while, and after I quit... I got better. We all have our down times, hopefully this one won't last too much longer.

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've lost a pet, more than once, and have posted here about it. I'm truly sorry for you loss, it's like a family member. No, it IS a family member. You never forget great pets.

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Sorry to hear about your loss. As others have said, pets become one of the family, and when you lose a family member that's been there for 18 years and then some - it hurts real bad.

A year ago in November one of our cats had to be put to sleep. He was reall unwell and he was nearly 18! So with Scooby gone (yes,I know) Shaggy (bet you didn't expect that.....) was left on his own. He's still with us, but he's nearly 19 - and I know I'll be distraught when he passes away!

I hope your luck improves vastly i the near future!:)

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Sorry man I lost my best cat on xmas day last year I know how ya feelin!

16. sorry to hear about garfield. take care foxy. it is hell to lose a pet. when you are feeling better, remember, there is a baby kitten out there waiting for you.

17. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Sorry to hear about your cat. Try to find some solace in knowing that he lived a long and happy life. Hang in there bud.