Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Cat is "Pile-Drivingly-Heavy!"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Apr 3, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's an indoor cat, neutered, reasonably well exercised but plump, rotund, affluent, fat. Are some indoor cats prone to blobulence and others not?

The reason my cat stays indoors is because outdoor cats tend to meet other cats that are rife with pestilence and vermin I prefer not to have invading my house.

How are TB'ers indoor cats faring?

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    In my house, pets don't wear clothes. But that may just be me opressing them. :bag:

3. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I have a cat named Mosh, she weighs about 30 lbs. Her sister is about half the weight, and seemingly eats twice as much, and does not have worms or other digestive order to explain it.

They are about 14-15 years old and still are alert and playful.

Troll

4. P. Aaron

In my house, where the pets pay no taxes, leave fur and litter box deposits around for me to clean up, and live a slovenly lifestyle, torment and humiliation directed at them is a necessity.

5. My cat weighs about 18 pounds, and he is an indoor cat.

He's about 8 years old and is still active and alert. Not playful, but still lively.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'd say... big boned
    [​IMG]
    This was my Ghostie... great cat. We lost him to Cancer March of 2003

7. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    the politically correct terminology is "gravitationally challenged Feline-American"
    Slug

8. Awwww, that does look like a great cat.

9. P. Aaron

But the "gravitationally challenged" feline set might want to fit in thus: "Pile-drivingly-heavy" set.(?)

10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    My cat's a Persian, she's in good shape, pretty skinny if anything, runs around and sleeps in my gigbag in my closet alot. I can't pick her up. I got my bro to adopt a stray cat who was more like a panther or "big cat" than anything, in fact it's probably one of the ones form England that migrated here. It practically ate my brothers couch and broke a few doors, he beat my brother and his roomate up a few times too...We tried turning it into an indoor cat but it didnt work, but it is one pile drivingly heavy cat. (I can barely lift it up)

11. My family doesn't have any cats personally, but my friends grandparents cat weighed in at 32 pounds, he's a giant ball of kitty fat that can't make it up more than 5 or 6 stairs at a time, but he's still cool.

After the vet weighed him, she said something close to "your cat is the 1 ton man of cats"

He's going on a diet, trying to lose 20lbs, and is in a contest to see which cat can lose the most weight for some cat magizine.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My cat is a grumpy old man at 11. He's like "Feed me," and then "Let me out," and then "Let me in," and then "Feed me," ... and that's pretty much it.

13. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    fraublugher - that is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile...there for one(or 20) people are going to find that horrible offensive and start complaining about it

P. Aaron - Is it just me....or is your cat somehow defying gravity in that pic?

14. My 2 cats are somewhere older than 12 or 13, and in thier younger years were somewhat portly. One was in the 11 pound range the other was around 12. The kids made fun of her being fat, and being kids we re-wrote the lyrics to Spongebob Squarepants:

Ohhhhhhhh...
    Who's the prettiest kitty in town?
    Pudge Monster White Paws!
    Who's so pretty and big and round?
    Pudge Monster White Paws!

:p

She got sick last winter and lost a lot of weight, but she's doing much better, she's shy of 10 or so- a good healthy weight for her.

15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    P. Your cat lives in MI. the fattest state in the nation, that excuse works for me anyway! :p

16. it's a dog I know

but here is my pug

he is the fatness of 3

17. Well, Mr. Montgomery is around 1½ stones (21lbs), so is no lightweight. I think he's trying to develop his own gravitational field…

[​IMG]

- Wil

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think "White with Tabby" cats have a preference for being upside-down... here is my "iMac" (I worked @ Apple when he was dumped in the parking lot during my shift @ about 7 months old) He's gotten to about 16-17 lbs (he's due for a checkup) and we now call him "Papa Gund"

[​IMG]