My Cliff Burton tribute with his vintage power wah [video]

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kanesbass, Jan 10, 2019.

1. kanesbass

kanesbass

May 14, 2012

Hi everyone. First off, I practice a lot and I would love some feedback on this. Being 21 and constantly around sh* t music... Most of the people that i know and see would never even be able comprehend the musical phenom Cliff Burton was, and do not care about my bass playing or anything like that... I just started posting some stuff to youtube but can never get any views, which kind of stings even though i know it shouldn’t.. I’d just like to have a community where I can go to with these kinda things so.. here i am talk bass lol
    and I know in my heart the last thing that cliff burton would want a huge fan to do is try their hardest to get his sound; he’s always expressed originality and being yourself and creating your own style.. which i respect and agree but hey, everybody’s gotta have an idol and this vintage morley power wah sounds freaking awesome. thanks for reading if anybody is

Joshua and eastcoasteddie like this.
  2. DeltaDelta

DeltaDelta

Feb 17, 2018
    Italy
    Good job!And the sound is pretty close if you ask me.
    Nothing wrong with emulating your idol's sound/technique in my opinion (as long as it's not the end goal),
    it's a learning tool.
    I sense passion in what you do...don't let anyone kill that!

kanesbass likes this.
  3. kanesbass

kanesbass

May 14, 2012
    big thanks for checking it out, and it will never die :)

4. DeltaDelta

DeltaDelta

Feb 17, 2018
    Italy
    Happy to oblige! Awaiting part 2 ;)

5. That was frickin bad-assed!

kanesbass likes this.
  6. kanesbass

kanesbass

May 14, 2012
    really glad you enjoyed :)

7. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    r/lewronggeneration

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021