Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My collection

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rvl, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    This doesn't need a new thread at all. In fact, there's a massive thread for posting this.

Brad Johnson has a huge collection though. I'm sure he's posted it in the Big Sticky Thread for Posting Your Collection. Massive collection, a few dozen of some of the most expensive and highest grade instruments available -- and all attained at amazing deals, too :eek: .

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You're nice.

He's just proud of his stuff and wants opinions on his collection.
    Im sure he's grateful for your post.

:rolleyes:

4. If dillhole and nice are the same thing.

5. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    No offense, but I don't think I like any of those basses. Not my style. I wish I could put that much money towards basses though.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Brad Johnson's collection is very nice as well, why compare the two. Also, I believe somebody on the site has a few hundred instruments so why not make him the measuring stick by which collections are judged? :rollno: :eyebrow:

By the way, great collection dude. Would you mind listing what everything is? I recognized a few, but not all of them. :bassist:

EDIT(JT):just clearing out a changed quote.

7. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    I want that black Jazz!
    And the Steinbergers!
    Great collection there.

. . .Okay, I also want the Sadowsky. :hyper:
    LM

8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I like your collection.
    I´m just curious having such a wide array of basses (different tones, styles, shapes, etc.), why do you want more?

I´m not trying to be offensive, but do you have chance to play ´em all frequently or you just have your favorites ?
    I´m sure it´s nice to have all that stuff but I feel that after a while
    they become more "collectible" items than "usable" items.

Congrats anyway.

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    It is without a doubt a nice collection, and I'll edit my post so it's doesn't reek of "total prick", but there's already a megathread for this purpose.

10. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    The Sadowsky , Hofner copy and Sunburst Jazz are my main basses.The black 75/maple is a backup to the Sadowsky and the Black Jazz is a backup to the Sunburst.The CAR PJ and the mahogany PMM are my old main basses but are heavy and I dont use them so often. The headless ones get pulled out if I have to travel alot.

I didnt spend incredible amounts of money compiling these basses , less than $4000 for the lot (I think)

Thanks

Robert VanLane

11. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I guess I wanted to brag a bit when I posted this....sorry for that

But the other reason is
    1) I spent large amounts of money to buy one perfect bass
    2)or I could get 10 basses that are mediocre and make them good sounding.

When I was younger I tended to trade basses in to get something better. Now I keep what I buy , although yesterday I was offered 3 Sadowsky basses and I was thinking to sell everything off and get them.

Thanks

Robert VanLane

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Rvl: What three Sadowsky's were you offered, and how did that come about? Sounds like a dream for a lot of TB'ers here.

13. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    One Sadowsky is local and 2 are here in FS.

Thanks

Robert VanLane

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Howd you buy em all for under $4000 but you have a Sadowsky, those are a few grand as it is?

15. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I hit the local pawnshops every week
    Embarrasses my wife when she tells people about our vacations,no museums, but alot of pawnshops and second hand stores.

Thanks

Robert VanLane

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hahahaha. That's awesome. Next time you're in one and you see a deal on jewelery (sp?), buy her something really expensive looking. When asked where you got it, say you bought it brand new from some fancy store like Tiffany's, and explain to her that you used the money you saved by buying basses at pawnshops to buy her the ring. She'll melt like buttah.

17. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    My wife knows me
    Any jewellery or handbag I buy for her is usually bought in a pawnshop
    She`s not partial to famous brands but she does like diamonds , gold and platinum. I pick her up a nice present every month, but alas good deals on basses are only a couple times a year.

Thanks

Robert VanLane

18. yes...hooray for second hand shops...i have gotten an Abe Laboriel cd, mark egan tape, 2 ratm t-shirts (good ones too!) a stereo for $5.00...i love them!

we also have a pawn shop nearby, but it only has a few jackson guitars...

19. Foo-O-Matic

Foo-O-Matic

Aug 10, 2004
    Israel
    how good is the Steinberger Spirit and how are you setisfied from it?