1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My combo amp pipe dream.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeBbass, Nov 4, 2013.

1. I have unsurprisingly spent all my money on a new bass and only have £100 ($170) to spend on an amp.
    I want something that I can use to play very small venues. I've read that you should have 100 watts for this. I don't mind second hand goods.
    Have any of you guys ever stumbled upon a deal like this? Or is does a giggable amp under £100 ($170) not exist?

2. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    You don't need 100 watts to get loud; you just lose your dynamics at the higher volumes. I have a Peavey Maxx 112 35-watt amp that could carry any small gig, and probably a mid-size church gig. It can make your ears whistle; just don't expect full fidelity. Used prices around $100 are pretty common.

3. Andy Sivyer

Andy Sivyer

Sep 11, 2013
    kent england
    there are lots of bass combos on ebay and gumtree around the midlands should be able to pick up something like a peavey tnt combo or a behringer combo around 120w for that sort of money 1x15 tnt combos are great value secondhand well built last for ever.there is a fender rumble 60 1x12 combo collection only Birmingham £75 that would do a small gig or a peavey tko115 combo Birmingham £120

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fender Rumble 150, if you can find a used one, would do everything you need and sound great doing it too! :)

5. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    :confused:

6. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    No headroom. Just a flat, monolithic fundamental. You just have to stay out of heavy distortion.

7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I gotcha...I read it completely wrong