Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My cords keep messing up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cecile, May 23, 2004.

1. I go through at least a cord every 2 or 3 months. I've tried nice fender cords, a monster cable performer 500, ect. I'm not being hard on them, there only used in my home and I put them away carefully after every time I play; they will just cut out while I'm playing constantly. Is there a heavy duty cord that can last over 2 or 3 months with me? :help:
    Thanks!

2. Well, Monsters have a warantee for a year I beleive. So why don't you just a new one when your old one craps out? :confused:

Also, give plannet waves a shot too. And CBI if they are in the region.

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I thought monster cable had a lifetime warrentee, and you didn't even need a recipt for it.

4. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    They do. Just take it to any store that sells them and they have to provide you with a new one no questions asked.

5. Cool, I didn't know that. I'll just take it in and get a new one.
    Thanks

6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    You know, I have found that cables last a lot longer if you simply avoid stepping on them. I have had cables last well over a year following this simple practice.

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm pretty impressed with my Livewire cable. Way cheaper than Monstercable, and I've never heard of any problems with them, in contrast to the loads of things I've heard about monstercables.

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Opinions vary, for certain, but back on 1996 I bought a monster bass cable just to see for myself. Still using it today, gigging at least twice a week for all that time. Never had a cable that would keep on ticking like this one. Go figure . . . .

9. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Get the Monster Bass chord. I have the 21 foot and I treat it like absolute crap. Never wrap it up right, I play 6-8 shows a month usually (not to mention practice) and I've only had to replace it once (I've had it for over a year). And when I did replace it I just brought the chord to the music store and they gave me a new one, no transaction, no money, no hassle.