My Corvette standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Jan 18, 2004.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I am so excited my corvette standard is meant to be here on wednesday. I ordered it all the way back in november, and it has been dispatched.
    I will have to have a massive great big jam with it.
    I will post pics of it just to show it off. Mwahahahahahahahahaha.
    I am so excited.
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats! You'll enjoy the 'Vette.
  3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Congrats and welcome to the family!

That will be nice, i can understand your excitedness, i had to wait a long time to get mine - which started by trying to get a better new bass: i first tried to order a copy of the Fortress made by a local luthier, with a MM pu, 5-string, but the neck wasnt available in LH, after all, so then i tried to get a Rockbass Corvette SE 5 LH, but the distrubutor here wouldnt get me one (they only come in sixpacks, and for just one, it would not be worth it), so after then i ordered my Corvette 6, which arrived to me a bit over two months later... This whole process started in November 2002 and ended in July 2003, when I got my Corvette... Its hard for a lefty, you see...
  4. iam in love with my 4 string corvette standard. i think it should get as much hype as a thumb gets.ill never get rid of.

i think its a better bass then a pro,
  5. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I got the "'vette"
    It is so nice. there is one thing and that is the whole weight thing, and when walking home one of arms will end up being a whole lot longer than the other. It is so good. I opened up one of the compartments and thought oh wow i have got a booklet about it. Then to find i have a whole load of allan keys and a truss rod adjustor and some finish wax. Also the case it came with is more padded than any of the hard cases i was going to buy.

Here is a picture of it that i just took quickly so it probably isn't very clear.
  6. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I just got my Vette standard last week, and I can't put it down lol.

Although, it does need a new input jack (Warwick already sent it out, I just have to get it/have it installed)
  7. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Pickup close up

P.S does anyone know/can tell me how you get the image to appear on the page rather than a link
  8. I used to have a Corvette 6-string. Very nice bass. Would've kept it but I bought a Hanewinckel 7-string. Here's an old photo of the 'vette:

For the money, it's a great value. Played better than many more expensive 6'ers I've tried.

- Dave
  9. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I have been having so much fun with my bass today. Another point. It says i have to apply this surface finish wax to it. is there anything i should know about this or to avoid doing. Do i have to put it on all of it?
  10. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Just apply the wax as you would to a car. Apply a thin film all around (except for the neck and fretboard,) let dry, then buff clean. Try to cover the gaps between the pickups and the body. I did this once a week for two months. After that, I applied the wax every time I changed strings (about once a month.)