1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Craigslist find of the day

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ron Plichta, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Ron Plichta

Ron Plichta Supporting Member

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    '84 4001, $900

Attached Files:

2. Nice!

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Yeah, that's a sweet deal, especially these days.

Nice score!

4. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    NICE!
    Maybe Ill save some cash from my next student loan and wait around for another deal like this to pop up. Muhahaha.
    I love being irresponsable.

5. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    nice score!! I got my 4003 off CL last year for $800. The deals are definitely out there if you keep a close eye out!

rick.

6. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Great price, even though that bass is definitely pretty rough looking.

7. I want those knobs.

8. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    nice price.

there was a 73 p-bass for sale on my local craigslist a couple weeks ago for only 1150, but i didnt have the funds. not sure if it was 100% original either.

9. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    just looks well loved. Bet she is broken in nicely.

10. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
  11. Ron Plichta

Ron Plichta Supporting Member

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    More like well-played. It's also worn on the "thumb" side of the neck from the 2nd to the 5th frets and on the back side of the upper horn. The strings appeared to be Rotosound nickels that were worn to the point of sounding like flats. It looks like it got some use in a "metal" band of sorts and so I'm sure it wasn't looked after properly. I'll remedy that.

I put on a set of new D'Addario XLs that I had laying around. I'll get a Pickguardian replacement pickguard and bridge pickup surround since I can't stand that sharp edge on the exposed rear pickup surround. I may add a Hipshot bridge later to make intonation adjustments easier and I like the added midrange they give a Ric.

Yeah, she's rough-looking, but I love those early 80's neck profiles. Or you can look at it this way-some people pay Fender lots of money to get the look that I have on this bass.