1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My craigslist score

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GARGOIL, May 9, 2010.

1. The add originally stated that this was a five string Jay Turser. When i met the woman and looked at the bass i stated that the add was written wrong and that i was disappointed that i waited an hour and a half to find out it was not what i expected. She wanted 100 bucks in the add and i said nah and as i was walking away she said i will take 60 dollars for it. Well o.k. my ears perked up. needless to say she looked like she needed some cash right away. So out came three twenties. I got it home cleaned and tweeked it gave it some decent strings. It's playable and i might gig it with a backup. Never do a show with only one bass. I love and hate craigslist. I have six 4 string basses and still need a fiver i will keep searching the list.

Attached Files:

2. Bump in case you missed it enjoy!

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    daaayyyuuummmm...nice.

4. Dave12

Dave12

Apr 28, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Nice score!!

5. Could she not count?

6. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    should have handed her two $20's and said it was three.

7. Pretty much , i was thinking the same. Really how can you not count the strings ?

8. Hey, I'm surprised she even identified it as a bass.

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cool deal. Quit pickin' on the lady now.

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeah, she probably sold the stolen 5 string and had forgotten which one she still had to unload for quick cash.

11. Funny the add had a picture of a Turser 5 string. You know what she probably googled a picture of a five string and thought that was what she had. But yah she couldn't count the strings on what she had. Anyway it's most likely going on the auction/sale block as i need a fiver in a bad good way.

12. Good deal. My son has the 5 string Turser in the same color and it's a great bass. I got his here on TB. You got a great deal cause based on what you paid for the 4 string, I paid about $100 for 1 string.

13. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    In my neck of the woods it probably would have been Craigslisted as an "Ernie Ball Jay Turser Special Edition Musicman" for $600:eek:

14. Wow Caveat Emptor = (buyer beware) in San Diego Yep i have seen some ridiculous prices on some items here in New York for sure. But sometimes you can get a bargain!