Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Crazy Carlo Robelli.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Victor Wooten98, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    This is my only bass right now, I like mine more than Fender, I dont know Why, I like the sound I get, and I can move Remarkably fast around the fretboard (unlike Fenders), and it is 26 frets, Dont know why, I only use 24 of 'em (but make sure to pluck the other 2 at least once a day for good measure) I want to either get a Cort Curbow Fretless 4 string (jazz/funk), or a Ibanez btb 6 string (fretted for prog metal) This post dosent really have anything to do with anything, just wanted some Carlo Robelli talk to hear what other people think of 'em.

2. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    they are actually decent basses? I thought they were Musician's Friend house brand. Glad its a good bass. I looked into a 6 string before I found an Alvarez 6 for sale here.

3. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Actualy They are Sam Ash, house brand, And most of them suck but I really like mine, Its wierd.
    How much did your Alvarez 6 Cost (if you dont mind me asking).

4. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    a fellow forum member sold me mine (Purpleburst w/3 knob passive electronics) for $210 shipped (w/padded gig bag)

I couldn't pass that up. Still not sure if I like 6 strings, but for 210? Heck yeah!

5. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Well needing 6 strings depend on what kind of music you play for the most part.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I wouldn't say your style of playing determines the amount of strings you need.... its all about preference really when it comes right down to it...I play jazz,funk, i've even done some classical pieces on my electric and i do it all on a 5-string.. i could do it on a four... but i don't own one

7. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    yeah, But if you wanted to play some Dream Theater for most songs you would not be able to due to the lack of a 6th string.

8. Ive played a few Carlo Robellis and I disliked all of them. They just seemed like they were very poorly made and didn't have very good tone. But im glad that you like yours. They just arent my bag.

9. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Yeah, I dont like most of 'em either, I would like to buy a better one but my wallet wont let me. And I played about 27 different ones (carlo Robelli's) before I found one that I actually liked.