Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My crotch is still intact.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, May 7, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I met up with 3 crotch grabs last night, and I accidentally left my cup at home. Luckily there was no crotch grabbing that evening, so my manhood ok.

I had a blast with Mr. Crotch an his crew! We got free wine and cheese, looked at pretentious art, and partied ourselves silly until 3 AM. Aside from his aggressive sounding handle, 3 crotch grabs is a very personable, funny, interesting dude who has no qualms revealing dark personal secrets with almost complete strangers. He and his wife have excellent taste in hats, as well.

Why am I telling you this? Perhaps because I'm happy that I've finally made some friends after living in San Francisco for 6 months. Perhaps it's to encourage you to go see art - there's free wine, for crying out loud! Or perhaps it is to encourage all of you to get together and meet face to face. In the wake of Polly's passing, I think it's important that we interact with each other in person as well as online. Get out there and hang! Go grab one or eight beers with your TB buddy. Then post all the sordid, drunken tales for all of us to laugh at.

2. socializing is good.
    aspirin is good.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Is this the part where I say I've gotten to know DigMe and Razor both pretty well?

If it is the time, then I've met DigMe and Razor ;)

4. mr. strange is skinnier than his avatar suggests.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have a mental picture of him looking exactly like Blisshead. I have no idea why.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    But in our case there was indeed crotch-grabbing involved.

Oh...this is probably one of those times when my wife says I shouldn't talk.

brad cook

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Let me jump in here...one of the truly wonderful benefits of my "day gig" is that I have met dozens of fellow TBer's, and talked to dozens more on the phone.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to put a face or at least a voice with the words I read on the screen. It is utterly amazing how close to "reality" the persona projected via the internet can be (not to be confused with the mental image of the person you may have developed).

I've also been lucky enough to meet them on trips to other places, such as meeting Michael Jewels in NYC at a gig. And of course the Atlanta GTG's that I've been to have been very cool! jazzbo avoided me when I was in San Francisco a few years ago though...the heartbreaker...:bawl:

;)

8. that's hawt.

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I made my first internet to personal meeting through Talkbass a couple years ago. It's really cool meeting other bassers in person, hanging, jamming and talking bass. We still get together and hang on a semi-regular basis.

10. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I look just like this, but skinnier:

[​IMG]

I don't know what Blisshead looks like. If he looks anything like me, though, he's got to be hawt.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Benji? Ego?

Naaaaah.

12. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    You're right. I totally suck.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You weren't quite what I imagined, but all I had to go on was that Avatar of yours, so in the end, I wasn't that surprised.

I wonder how close I am/was to what people had in their heads? It's also of note that since any TBer saw me, I've lost close to 30lbs. I keep looking at those TB ATL pics and going "Damn, I am so NOT buff..."

14. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising! Blisshead the mug! Blisshead the T shirt! Blisshead the doll!

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al

You cut the hair? You sell-out! :D You'd better be careful out there walking up and down those hills in San Francisco. Before you know it you're going to be all buff like Brendan. Then us east-coast guys won't stand a chance! All the chicks will be flocking out there! :eek:

16. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    And I fell for it. I tried to order a Blisshead lunchbox.

17. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    :D

We have to get together for more sushi yo.

18. speaking of merchandise, the wife was looking at mr. strange's dot net thingy, and when she saw the "gear" section, she thought you were selling t-shirts and what not. i thought it was a great idea. i want a shirt that says "i shop at benjaminstrange.net"

19. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'd wear it.